• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Ext 1 English predictions (2 Viewers)

enchantedivory27

HSC
what do you guys think? is like the last week so plenty to worry about before that but who the hell knows after last year especially :(
i rlly want a lit world split so 10, 15 my trial was that, cssa trial was SHOCKING (not a strong enough word tho)

rosieohposie

HSC
i'm hoping for maybe a 15 marker creative for section one and perchance a reflection? if we get an unseen text, might cry

i'm doing literary mindscapes but i'm hoping for an essay question that isn't module specific because my paragraph points are kinda broad and pretty much yoinked from the rubric tbh so if i get a question that mentions something specific (like memories, desires, etc) i'm cooked.

funny123

HSC
i'm hoping for maybe a 15 marker creative for section one and perchance a reflection? if we get an unseen text, might cry

i'm doing literary mindscapes but i'm hoping for an essay question that isn't module specific because my paragraph points are kinda broad and pretty much yoinked from the rubric tbh so if i get a question that mentions something specific (like memories, desires, etc) i'm cooked.
Omg a fellow literary mindscapes student! Which texts are you doing?

roseviolett

HSC
and any world of Upheaval thoughts? i feel good about that my essay is solid
i feel like they might use one of those weird listed words in the rubric:
'experiences of individuals and communities seeking unity, certainty, solace, justice or restoration'
but i have no real reasoning for this lol - only done the 2019 and 2020 hsc papers so far..

idk whether i should bother having quotes for waiting for godot.. my school did frankenstein, metropolis, & godot and i've never used godot for anything really

rosieohposie

HSC
Omg a fellow literary mindscapes student! Which texts are you doing?
it's nice to see another mindscapes student on here haha! i'm doing emily dickinson's poems, katherine mansfield's short stories, and sixty lights by gail jones - how about you? i wish i had gotten the chance to do lost in translation, but oh well

my teacher wants me to reference a specific psychoanalytic theory in my section 2 essay but idk if i can naturally include it without it coming off as forced 😭 bit cooked

enchantedivory27

HSC
'experiences of individuals and communities seeking unity, certainty, solace, justice or restoration'
but i have no real reasoning for this lol - only done the 2019 and 2020 hsc papers so far..

idk whether i should bother having quotes for waiting for godot.. my school did frankenstein, metropolis, & godot and i've never used godot for anything really
ive never done frankenstein and not planning on it for hsc so i wouldnt do godot if i were you

LuckySquid283

HSC
what do you guys think? is like the last week so plenty to worry about before that but who the hell knows after last year especially :(
i rlly want a lit world split so 10, 15 my trial was that, cssa trial was SHOCKING (not a strong enough word tho)
If we get any from of personal essay in Adv OR Ext I'm done

Jeffreylol

HSC
and any world of Upheaval thoughts? i feel good about that my essay is solid
For worlds of upheaval I'm thinking it'll likely be something specific, probably addressing some aspect of "individuals and communities seeking unity, certainty, solace, justice or restoration in periods of significant social and political change and upheaval.", as this hasn't been asked yet.

The question will also likely be a "how does this enhance your understanding of ...", as its only been asked in 2019, and everybody adooooressss personal understanding questions.

hscccc

HSC

godot is literally my fav ext text I LOVE the dichotomy it gives me in my response

hscccc

HSC
i feel in general nesa are leaning towards more personal responses - whatever form that takes. i feel like we are going to get an unseen text for section 1 as theyre also trying to move away from preprepared responses. after that cssa trial my hopes are on the floor and yeah... hoping for a full 25 creative ngl

roseviolett

HSC
For worlds of upheaval I'm thinking it'll likely be something specific, probably addressing some aspect of "individuals and communities seeking unity, certainty, solace, justice or restoration in periods of significant social and political change and upheaval.", as this hasn't been asked yet.

The question will also likely be a "how does this enhance your understanding of ...", as its only been asked in 2019, and everybody adooooressss personal understanding questions.
yeah that's what I think
not a fan of nesa's obsession with personal understanding tbh... idk if I'd prefer a "to what extent" question though

hscccc

HSC

id probably burst of happiness if that was the essay q because its so transferable and i have so many ruberic terms in my essay lol

Ksalu

>:))
HSC
My teacher is predicting discursive for lit worlds and a godot required question for WOU

I swear to god no

hscccc

HSC
My teacher is predicting discursive for lit worlds and a godot required question for WOU

I swear to god no
required???? i didnt think they could specify a text.... id be really fucked if they specified frankenstein

if its a discursive i will shed a silent tear but at least ive already suffered through the cssa one. it wouldnt surprise me at this point tho tbh

Jeffreylol

HSC
yeah that's what I think
not a fan of nesa's obsession with personal understanding tbh... idk if I'd prefer a "to what extent" question though
im predicting personal understanding because of that + its the best at catching people relying on ai to write their essays

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)