• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Ext 1 English predictions (1 Viewer)

Jeffreylol

HSC
My teacher is predicting discursive for lit worlds and a godot required question for WOU

I swear to god no
there's like 6 possible texts, some schools haven't even done godot, so unless its asking to refer to a passage for the question, like last year, then probably not.

hscccc

HSC
im predicting personal understanding because of that + its the best at catching people relying on ai to write their essays
how do you even answer a personal understanding q?? using personal pronouns seems way too colloquial for an essay, is that what youre meant to do?

Jeffreylol

HSC
So from 2019, it was a "to what extent" and personal understanding question about aspiration and acceptance.

A student band 6 sample from NESA did use "my understanding" repeatedly, so while i do agree it seems colloquial, they must accept it due to the nature of the question.

hscccc

HSC
So from 2019, it was a "to what extent" and personal understanding question about aspiration and acceptance.

A student band 6 sample from NESA did use "my understanding" repeatedly, so while i do agree it seems colloquial, they must accept it due to the nature of the question.
oh ew right ok i think ill cringe the whole way through writing that essay then

ToTheRing

HSC
I'm sure you could be like, "challenging traditional contemporary understandings of blah blah blah",
or you could suffer through it :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
could you also talk about the exemplary traditions of the dural and thus how that shapes traditional and also contemporary comprehensions?

Jeffreylol

HSC
could you also talk about the exemplary traditions of the dural and thus how that shapes traditional and also contemporary comprehensions?
not too sure what dural is, but when stating traditional values and that stuff, you're allowed to assume reader's knowledge. Like for Frankenstein their aspirations for scientific enlightenment stem from enlightenment beliefs.

"traditional and also contemporary" - i assume you mean if they contemporary and traditional understandings agree/align, then yes you can talk about that.

roseviolett

HSC
My teacher is predicting discursive for lit worlds and a godot required question for WOU

I swear to god no
hmm i doubt that they'd require on the off chance that there's a school that didn't do it for some reason
wouldn't they have specified before though? seems weird to only do it once

luchtheleech

HSC
it's nice to see another mindscapes student on here haha! i'm doing emily dickinson's poems, katherine mansfield's short stories, and sixty lights by gail jones - how about you? i wish i had gotten the chance to do lost in translation, but oh well

my teacher wants me to reference a specific psychoanalytic theory in my section 2 essay but idk if i can naturally include it without it coming off as forced 😭 bit cooked
OMG Finally my mindscapes people!!
Weve studied Hamlet, Katherine Mansfield, Lost in Translation and i picked Picture of Dorian Gray as my related

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)