• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

EXT 1 Headache (1 Viewer)

st1m

HSC
Hey guys, I have a problem with what i want to do. my marks in EXT 1 are as follows:

Term 1: 79%:)
Term 2: 67%:confused:
Term 3: did the exam today and it wasn't very easy, qualification for ext 2 is 60%:mad1:

did 2 unit preliminary exam as well, expecting hopefully about 94%

The thing is I'm hoping for 60% in this test and no one did much better in this test, except for some people.

The thing is some of my friends did well in this exam and i feel as though they really arn't much bettter than me. I think that they would qualify for ext 2. My question is what should i do? even if i make it, should i do ext 2 and drop biology in which I'm averaging 90% or stay in Ext 1 be on top in 2unit and do 11 units? or do 2units be on top of the class and just do 10 units? I'm really confused and tired right now so can anyone give me some suggestions?.:wave:

P.S anyone who did their physics exam, any hard questions?

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
st1m said:
Hey guys, I have a problem with what i want to do. my marks in EXT 1 are as follows:

Term 1: 79%:)
Term 2: 67%:confused:
Term 3: did the exam today and it wasn't very easy, qualification for ext 2 is 60%:mad1:

did 2 unit preliminary exam as well, expecting hopefully about 94%

The thing is I'm hoping for 60% in this test and no one did much better in this test, except for some people.

The thing is some of my friends did well in this exam and i feel as though they really arn't much bettter than me. I think that they would qualify for ext 2. My question is what should i do? even if i make it, should i do ext 2 and drop biology in which I'm averaging 90% or stay in Ext 1 be on top in 2unit and do 11 units? or do 2units be on top of the class and just do 10 units? I'm really confused and tired right now so can anyone give me some suggestions?.:wave:

P.S anyone who did their physics exam, any hard questions?

I'd try Extension 2 (if you're given the opportunity) and not drop any subject for about a term - have a feel of the subject, and if you're confident with 4U then drop bio - otherwise drop 4U maths.

SeftonIsAHole

HSC
the-derivative said:
I'd try Extension 2 (if you're given the opportunity) and not drop any subject for about a term - have a feel of the subject, and if you're confident with 4U then drop bio - otherwise drop 4U maths.
I'd do the same. 60% for qualification into Ext 2? Your exams are that hard? At my school its like 85% to qualify for it.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I totally got lost with all your subject options. But, as for Physics hard questions, there are some in the Resources section of this site.

HSC
st1m said:
My question is what should i do? even if i make it, should i do ext 2 and drop biology in which I'm averaging 90% or stay in Ext 1 be on top in 2unit and do 11 units? or do 2units be on top of the class and just do 10 units? I'm really confused and tired right now so can anyone give me some suggestions?
ok, so what i've gathered from your ramble, here are you options (correct me if im wrong):

1. keep all subjects + take up Ext 2 = 12 units
2. drop Biology + take up Ext 2 = 10 units
3. keep Biology + Ext 1 = 11 units
4. keep Biology + drop Ext 1 = 10 units

If you're getting 90% in Biology then i wouldn't recommend that you drop it.

i reckon you should try Ext 2 out, but don't drop anything, and see how you find the course. even better, you could pick up a textbook today and slowly work your way through the first couple of chapters (just don't get alarmed). get a feel for the course, and plus, doing 12 units until your first assesment won't be too much.

i've heard from my maths HT that it's usually after the first Ext 2 assesment that people decide whether they really want to keep the subject or not. so you can make your decision then :)

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
SeftonIsAHole said:
I'd do the same. 60% for qualification into Ext 2? Your exams are that hard? At my school its like 85% to qualify for it.
Wow 60% to get into MX2 - that's pretty low.
At my school, they restrict entry into MX2 to the top maths class, which is only the accelerants, so you have to accelerate maths to do MX2 at my school.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Hmmm, MX2 is open to the Top 120 at my school. =\

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Anyone that does decent in 3unit can do 4unit in my school.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
SeftonIsAHole said:
Sydney Boys lol, but then again, all you guys get to accelerate for 2u so you'd expect a high number of people doing 4u.
Not really. Only half of us accelerate, or there abouts. 117/210. But that being said, a lot of people at SBHS get thrashed by Sefton's top students (ie. Hong, Celia, Kenneth, Khuong, Christina)

SeftonIsAHole

HSC
Aerath said:
Not really. Only half of us accelerate, or there abouts. 117/210. But that being said, a lot of people at SBHS get thrashed by Sefton's top students (ie. Hong, Celia, Kenneth, Khuong, Christina)
lol half of sefton ext1 students go to the same math tutor, pretty competitive as far as math is concerned at our school, but the same one person always tops it lol.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
SeftonIsAHole said:
lol half of sefton ext1 students go to the same math tutor, pretty competitive as far as math is concerned at our school, but the same one person always tops it lol.
Yeah, I know, half of them are in my class at tutor. :p

kadiojill

HSC
SeftonIsAHole said:
which tutor?:karate: hahahaha

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
SeftonIsAHole said:
LOL - that's with us as well. All the people in my MX1 Accelerated class go to the same tutor, but we have different people topping every year - but the people who top maths go to my tutor as well :p

kadiojill said:
which tutor?:karate: hahahaha
Truong. Same tutor as I and all the accelerated 3U people in my school go to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)