Ext. 2 and Advance (1 Viewer)

Phoenix316

HSC
Hey, I've just got a question. I'm currently doing Ext 2 and its going well and I was happy with my Ext 1 mark but my Advanced mark was pretty abysmal. I'm just wondering if it is like maths where if you get to a certain mark in Ext 2 you receive 100% for the Advanced course. Cheers.

lou_217

HSC
Don't worry. I found Advanced a lot harder than both the Extension English courses. I suppose it just depends on where your skills are because all 3 courses are very different.

HSC
N/A
On a side note, if you do really well in everything but eng Adv and are doing 12 units, end adv could end up not being considered for your UAI anyway (remember - only 2 units of eng need to be factored in). :) And ditto that about eng adv being all over the place, one of my most hated HSC units :/

kloudsurfer

HSC
Really? So ANY TWO units of English are counted?

Sweet, I can stop doing work in advanced :)

HSC
N/A
kloudsurfer said:

a) true, b) technically true, but I'd work hard at it anyway.

Thought most ee2ers hate Eng Adv with a passion, by the end of the year (mostly thanks to ee1 skills I think) most end up doing pretty well at it. So unless you're beautifully crash-hot at all your other subjects, I'd put effort into end adv if I were you :)

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
kloudsurfer said:

Great...all those people doing Ext 2 English can quit and give the rest of us non-ext2'ers a chance! :lol:

HSC
N/A
I reckon I'm one of them. God, the night before my eng adv HSC exam I was on the phone to a classmate, saying "So, I still don't get this. In 50 words or less, tell me everything I need to know about Hamlet..." / "Hey Mel, you remember that book we studied a few terms ago? Yeah... what was it called again? Oh yeah! that's right. Awesome. Now, what was it about? I've completely forgotten...!"

How I pulled it together I'll never know.

PS: HSC 07's, please learn from my mistakes ;) I make myself look like a fool so you can look great, yo!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)