Ext 2 Maths (2 Viewers)

Ozz^E

Hey PPL!

Just wondering if everyone'z finshed the course (syallabus)??. We just finshed end of term two.

And howz everyone finding it??

:D

fatmuscle

HSC
u finished the entire 4U syllabus by the end of TERM 2???

FAR OUT!!!

THAT IS QUICK!!!

How are you going in the 3U course then?

Ozz^E

R UZz all 'FOR REAL'. I thought it was normal to finsh the syallabus by term two, coz trials start a mere 2,3 weeks into term 3. Like weve finshed chemistry, 3u and 4u maths. Though English Adv has a bit to go (but thats not a prob for me as im doin it for a second time).

Though maybe we had extra hours for each sub (due to acceleration last yr). We had 10 hrs of 3u a week (hence i hardly did any 3u at home), 5hrs of 4u a week (much more work done independently at home) , 9 hrs of chem a week and only 3 for eng (coz we were doin it again). But regardless, i think the course should be finshed by term two or else theres not much time for revison for the trialz.

Anyhow..how'd everyone find 4u. Personally, when i started it was like an 'IMPOSSIBLE' thing (i wouldnt even have done it if our principal hadnt insited), but now having finished the course, i feel that it isnt that hard at all. I reckon getting ACTUAL marks of 70-80% wouldnt be asking too much. Last yr's paper was pretty easy.

Btw, i agree with fatmusle...doin integration as second last topic isnt too good, i reckon the best format is to forllow the syallabus (as in Cambrigde), which i think is the best book for 4u, though at school we did fitzpatrick.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
U accelerated in ALL your subjects last year??

At my skool, they've finished 4U as well, but reckon the teacher hasn't really covered everythin properly

Y

yeh

we've still got mechanics and polynomials to go. my teacher spent a whole term on complex numbers! :mad: we're almost finished 3u though (last half of inverse functions) and we finished the 2u syllabus back in term 1.

Ozz^E

No, we didnt accerlate in ALL subs, only Business studies and English Adv. We did business studies in 2 yrs (10,11) and i finished up we an alright 96 (HSC mark). English we did in a year and i got 88, hence (to sure up a relatively high UAI, like near the 100 mark), i decided (against common opinion of just bout everyone invovled) to give it another go. This yr im doing chemistry and the two maths (3u, 4u).

I go to a private independent school in greenacre by the name of Malek Fahd Islamic School (prob not heard of). Its relatively new (12 yrs old) and we are only the fifth batch of HSC students so far. Its a K-12 school.

gabitive

HSC
N/A
sorry for being unclear
i meant Ozze

the accelerated courses really does help doesn't it
more schools should allow it

it feels like if i could get a second go at the HSC
i would do so much better
but i would never stay at school another year
(it would probably also get even more boring)

beebeez

ext2 maths

hey is this me or does it seem like evey single school finished their 4 u course??

my school still got alot to do....mechanics, harder 3u plus volume by slicing....

anyone actually go to a school that is like mine????:confused: 12

Nelly

Re: ext2 maths

Originally posted by beebeez

anyone actually go to a school that is like mine????:confused: 12
I know exactly how you feel. My school still has half of integration + Volumes + Mechanics still to go, I dont think we will have anytime left for revision by the end of the course.

I'm finding the 4U course relatively easy in comparison to what I expected. Conics is the only topic that has really killed me, but the again I still haven't done 2 of them. Complex Numbers was the easiest, then Graphs, and finally Polynomials, which can get pretty hard at times

How many 4U/3U Papers have all of you done so far in the holidays?

beebeez

what school do u go to??

i go to Strathfield GIrls
its a pretty alright school i think....

but did really sucky last year

Nelly

I go to SHHS in Wollongong, It's a Selective, but not a big flashy one like Sydney Grammer, or James Ruse. We did alright in most of our subjects, but for some reason we did really well in Legal Studies. 4U Maths as OK, we got about average for the Selective High School

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
cool

r there any james ruse'ers in this forum? or are they too good for us? :)

A

average

i know pplz from jr, there r alot of nerds there............

neway, just wondering wots de selective average for 4u test?

Nelly

In our recent 4U exam, the average mark was 45%. The highest mark was a ridiculous 84%, by some accelerated study freak.

Lugia

In our test near the end of last term, the average was like 67, and the highest was 87!!!! I reckon the person who got it is crazy.
Our 4 u class is REALLY behind. we still have half of integration, volumes, mechanics, AND harder 3 u to do!!! Our teacher is lazy, leaving the hardest till the last, I don't think we'll finish.
Does anyone know whether you can teach ur self some of those topics? Cause I want to but I don't know which one to do.... Any suggestions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)