ext eng worth doing? (1 Viewer)

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
mmm so far in yr 11 im doing suprisingly well averaging 95 for all my assessments so yea:rolleyes:

but the thing is i dread whenever i have extension english on... when i look at my timetable and see "11EX1" im like bahhh shiittt..gayyy.. zZz

mmm just wondering if i shud do it next year? this year has been pretty damn boring

is it worth doing? is it harder than advanced? thx ~

Jinglebell

HSC
it depends if whatever you study next year is something you find interesting. for example, we're doing individual & society, and since i adore Austen and pretty much anything 19th century, i love it. but a couple of girls dropped it because they were really bored by that stuff, even though they liked it in yr 11.

if you hate whatever you'll be doing, then you might decide to drop. but if you end up liking it then that might convince you to stay. i would personally wait and see, you've got a while to make up your mind:)

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Im dropping it at the end of the year. The only reason i picked it was because it was the only thing in the line, I so should have picked Business Studies. Oh well to late now. If i didnt have to do any assessments or the HSC on it, and just got to learn the content with no strings of assesments and it didnt take out any time from my other classes, i so wish i could do that, i think Crime Fiction would be really intresting next year. but yeah, i know i really wouldent go well in it.

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
i think doing somehting you like is very very important....because i came lyk top 5 for maths from yr7 to lyk yr 10...i automatically picked extension 2 maths for my senior yrs...it is only now that i have jsut realised i never really lyked maths..it is soemthing i was relaly good at....although i am doing well for ext 2 maths...but my ext 1 is terrible and i relaly really dread going to extension one maths...i guess da pt of da anology is that you relal should do somthing you lyk....

it also depends on what your skool is doing...currentli i am doing revenge tragedy which i lyk..... postmodernism and indiv and society are also great topics..but if i were to do crime for eg...i would luv enlgish as much as i luv extension one maths...lol..so yeah find out what your skool is doing....dat can sharpen your decision...

truly in bliss

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
I only did Ext1 Eng in year 11 because I needed to fill an extra unit. And the year 11 course wasn't that good. But I kept it up for year 12 and I loved it.

I recommend you choose Ext1 Eng independent of you English marks, since many people do far better in Ext1 then in Advanced English (including me). I would even say that Ext1 is easier than Advanced, there are less topics, more focus, and less assesments.

It's your choice, but I would recommend doing Ext1.

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
in a way, i think it does help you a lot more for advanced cuz it gets you to think a bit more on your own and consider the texts for yourself.

but if you reallly... realllllyy... hate it.
then No.
It's really really important that the subjects you do are the subjects that you enjoy hehe.. not necessarily because you'll do better at them, but because year 12 wont' be such a hellhole.

Rahul

Dead Member
u need to remember that ur best 2 units of english count, so if u do ext1 there is a good chance one of them might not be an adv unit.

sillychikki

HSC
English Extension is good and all, but depending on your teacher and topic it can be really boring and frustrating. We're doing crime fiction (which i hate and never read) with a teacher that really at the end of the day doesnt teach all that well. And on top of that in order to do well you need to know the topic inside out and back to front, have fresh and original but good ideas and READ WIDELY so you know what you're talking about and can pick from heaps of texts to answer questions.

lizzy1004

HSC
I seriously look forward to ext english coz da teacher seriously rocks... ^^* l'm learning stuff i would have never imagined i would.. especially how i am doing the individual and the society texts and ways of thinking.. if u hate it.. wellz... i guess it wouldnt be worth doing.. do something u love~~~~~~~~

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
if u dnt mind the extra work then keep it. do u know what module u'd b doin in yr 12?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)