ext english - frankenstein (1 Viewer)

gravitygul

i was hopin sum1 could help me wit my ext 1 work....
i need a chapter analization or study guide on 13 and 16 asap... can sum1 tell me where i can find it...
im hangin on my a tread in ext english and need srs help
:(

Sarah_04

Banned
hey gravity, do u know how to use a computer? whyd u post twice MODS!!!! you=lloser

go 2 dymocks

ask for the "York Notes" for Frankenstein

theyre good

spark.com and all those sorts of places would also have chapter-by-chapter analysis'

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
I have a suggestion. Read the book.

I can't really do a chapter by chapter analysis, as that's not how I studied the book (being extension english and all), but if you look around this section, I posted my english work, there's some general frankenstein stuff there. If you really need help understanding stuff, feel free to pm me, I really loved Frankenstein.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Originally posted by glycerine
I have a suggestion. Read the book.
:uhhuh: Frankenstein is easy to understand as well as being a great book... I have a Frankenstein essay lying around from prelims but it isnt specific to chapters 13-16 :p

PM me if u want it and ill look for it but yeah, just read the damn thing...btw, I'm surprised at the language in your post, considering you're an ext 1 student :p

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
I think Frankenstein is a bit difficult to get into for the first chapter or two, but after that, it's great. I'm a bit of a hypocrite in saying this (I *still* haven't read my area of study book, or the first book we did in ext this year), but I really believe that it's pretty much essential to read the book in order to get really great marks in English. Having stock quotes can only help you demonstrate so much of an understanding. :p

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Originally posted by glycerine
I think Frankenstein is a bit difficult to get into for the first chapter or two, but after that, it's great.
Most people in my ext class lat yr also said the same thing. That, they had to drag themselves through the first two chapters before things got interesting...i was hooked on the first page :D

gravitygul

dnt hav to get nasty.. jeeez
but thx 4 the suggestions, and bout readin the book, i just cant get in to frankenstein, how can i actually analyze something that puts me to sleep and doesnt xcit me...? i wish we did something lik dracula or house of usher...
but n ewy thx 4 those who actualli helped
and to sarah_04 its not my fault the computer stuff'd up on me srs sum ppl in here got sumthin up there arse or wut>?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
ignore sarah04, she was a troll

my advice if you reeeally can't get into the book, is to go and rent the 1994 movie version with kenneth branagh. it sticks VERY close to the book, more so than any other version I watched.

trust me, dracula is harder to read than frankenstein :) house of usher is coool though.

gravitygul

thx glycerine ill try tht
but i read dracula... it took a while but i got in to the book and was one of the best books i read... but i agree wit the house of usher bn realli interestin to read..
thx again

Igor

HSC
N/A
if you on't want to read the book, and are going to cop out and watch a video, be careful not to base anything important on the themes of brannaghs version. as i have said elsewhere in the forum *i hate it*
personally i don't think it sticks to the themes of the book, so you'd best struggle through the book.

gravitygul

thanx every1 4 try'n to help... but i finish'd it and i gotta say Sparknotes realli helps and i decide to get the book on tape.. lol .. gotta say listen to while sleep'n reali works...
thanx again guys..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)