Ext history notes (1 Viewer)

timme

HSC
Hi, would anyone have any history ext notes that they'd like to post? Particularly on the historians.

I'm having a little trouble with it :S

Thank you soo much!!!!

S4Saustralia

HSC
I'd love to see some notes on historians as well...

Any idea how many we should familiarize ourselves with before the exam?

HSC
I'd love to see some notes on historians as well...

Any idea how many we should familiarize ourselves with before the exam?
I focused on 3 in depth, 3 in general.
I'm not sure if I recalled this properly though :S

What exactly would you like to know about the historians?
----
Edit: just thought you EXT history students might enjoy this podcast on Herodotus

27 October
HERODOTUS AND THE DISCOVERY OF HISTORY
Dr Julia Kindt, Classics and Ancient History, Faculty of Arts

Towards the end of the fifth century BC Herodotus wrote his Histories, a work in which he sought to explain why the Greeks had won the Persian Wars. The Histories are widely credited for pioneering the Western tradition of historiography – already Cicero called Herodotus “the father of history”. But what is original about Herodotus’ Histories is not so much what he wrote about – after all Homer had already focused his narrative on a great war – but how he wrote about it. Herodotus blended history and literature, political, cultural, and military history, ethnography, geography, zoology, linguistics and religion (to name just a few interests of this highly versatile author) in a unique and sophisticated fashion. In bringing these different strands of knowledge together Herodotus’ Histories reflect the cultural and intellectual milieu of ancient Greece during the late fifth century BC when different areas of human life became subject to critical inquiry.

To Download, Click Here.
(Running time 57 min, 26.3Mb MP3)

I've had a listen to it and I think it might be helpful. Julia is an expert in her field so yeh :)

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
I focused on 3 in depth, 3 in general.
Edit: just thought you EXT history students might enjoy this podcast on Herodotus

27 October
HERODOTUS AND THE DISCOVERY OF HISTORY
Dr Julia Kindt, Classics and Ancient History, Faculty of Arts

Towards the end of the fifth century BC Herodotus wrote his Histories, a work in which he sought to explain why the Greeks had won the Persian Wars. The Histories are widely credited for pioneering the Western tradition of historiography – already Cicero called Herodotus “the father of history”. But what is original about Herodotus’ Histories is not so much what he wrote about – after all Homer had already focused his narrative on a great war – but how he wrote about it. Herodotus blended history and literature, political, cultural, and military history, ethnography, geography, zoology, linguistics and religion (to name just a few interests of this highly versatile author) in a unique and sophisticated fashion. In bringing these different strands of knowledge together Herodotus’ Histories reflect the cultural and intellectual milieu of ancient Greece during the late fifth century BC when different areas of human life became subject to critical inquiry.

To Download, Click Here.
(Running time 57 min, 26.3Mb MP3)

I've had a listen to it and I think it might be helpful. Julia is an expert in her field so yeh :)
Wow, I've listened to just over 10 minutes of this podcast and it's fantastic! Thank you so much for the upload of this awesome resource!

Timme, unfortunately I haven't got a complete set of notes for the Historians that I'm looking at for History Extension. I know that Ken Webb's 'Extension History: The Historians' looks at quite a number in extensive detail. This source should be available in the majority of libraries, or you can purchase one from the HTA.

HSC
Wow, I've listened to just over 10 minutes of this podcast and it's fantastic! Thank you so much for the upload of this awesome resource!

Timme, unfortunately I haven't got a complete set of notes for the Historians that I'm looking at for History Extension. I know that Ken Webb's 'Extension History: The Historians' looks at quite a number in extensive detail. This source should be available in the majority of libraries, or you can purchase one from the HTA.
You are most welcome!

HSC
Ooo, timme you're in luck!
I just did some casual surfing through my files and I found the notes I used to revise my historians before my exams!
I have notes on Carr, Elton, Champion, Natalie Zemon Davis, Post modernists, and von Ranke.

Which ones would you like? Bear in mind they're very brief and in dot points though.

timme

HSC
I just did some casual surfing through my files and I found the notes I used to revise my historians before my exams!
I have notes on Carr, Elton, Champion, Natalie Zemon Davis, Post modernists, and von Ranke.

Which ones would you like? Bear in mind they're very brief and in dot points though.
Thank you, anything will be fine to get me on my feet again. I'm mainly focused on Bede and Gibbon, however I obviously need to look at other historians from different schools. Could you please email them to my email address? mz_timme_94@hotmail.com Thank you so much :)

HSC
Thank you, anything will be fine to get me on my feet again. I'm mainly focused on Bede and Gibbon, however I obviously need to look at other historians from different schools. Could you please email them to my email address? mz_timme_94@hotmail.com Thank you so much :)
Okay, something really bad just happened.

I was GOING to email you my notes tonight via my computer. HOWEVER, due to a stroke of bad luck of EPIC proportions, I contracted this really shitty computer virus called Spyware protection 2010 (have you heard of it? its sooo nasty) and now I can't even use the internet on my computer. I'm typing to you via the spare laptop.

So because I can't seem to fix the problem, I probably have to go and get it fixed by a prof. So this may take up to a week and I may or may not be able to recover all my files :( If I manage to salvage everything i'll try my best (no promises at this point!) to email you my notes. But i'll just repeat it again that my notes are nothing special so you won't be missing out on a lot either way.

I'm so sorry about this. I must have the worst bad luck :(

leok39

HSC
we have been saveddddddddddd god bless bored of studies resources <3

HSC
Okay my computer is back up! Timme, expect an email from me very soon!

zaccy14

HSC
Originally Posted by Hello2u2

Is there any chance that you can add this file to the thread?

HSC
Is there any chance that you can add this file to the thread?
I'm not quite sure how to do that..I suppose I could just copy and paste them here since they're not TOO long.
Keep posted. I will probably be able to get it done within a week or so.

zaccy14

HSC
I'm not quite sure how to do that..I suppose I could just copy and paste them here since they're not TOO long.
Keep posted. I will probably be able to get it done within a week or so.
That would be great, thanks very much :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)