Ext. History Texts and Publications? (1 Viewer)

pistolpete123

HSC
They are so hard to find and no one sells them on BOS, so where can I buy Ext. History texts and publications?

Plebeian

The History Extension Source Book of Readings is available from the BOS website, as a PDF.

It has enough material to keep you going for a fair while. If you want to get overview texts like History and the Historians by John Warren (a fairly mediocre book IMO, but one that most schools seem to use), you might have to buy them off Amazon or something, or get your local bookshop to order it in - most shops will do this for you.

Abbeygale

HSC
Techie said:
The History Extension Source Book of Readings is available from the BOS website, as a PDF.

It has enough material to keep you going for a fair while. If you want to get overview texts like History and the Historians by John Warren (a fairly mediocre book IMO, but one that most schools seem to use), you might have to buy them off Amazon or something, or get your local bookshop to order it in - most shops will do this for you.
Do you know of any better texts? I don't like HETH much, either.

Plebeian

Sorry, not really. The start of In Defence of History by Richard J. Evans contains a sort of survey of different schools of historiography.

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
umm do a search of past threads im sure someone recommened in my year (2003) some really good texts to use.

Failing that just do a general search on a book shop website and see what you find! John Warren was good in the terms it gave you a nice overview but it was pretty standard. The source booklets great

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)