• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Ext History (1 Viewer)

E

eling

i'm doing modern history atm and i'm thinking of ext next yr...wotz dat like??

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
u suck :p

modern history rules! y did u drop it in the first place?

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
I think you have to love history, be able to write well, and be willing to read ALOT :)

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
i'd advise you to look at the syllabus, but basically there are 3 sections

1. opic called What is History and basically just you look at the different views of historians on history and debate things like - does history actually exist or is it just an interpretation of the past?

2. the Case Study. there are 25 (?) Case Studies which your teacher can pick from. they range from ancient things lik greeks, romans and histrocity of Jesus Christ to fairly modern things like Winston Churchill or my case study, which is the presidence of John. F. Kennedy. There are also 5 (?) Australian History case studies but i don't know how popular they are.

finally there is the section 3. which is The History Project. Basically you can pick ANY aspect of history you wish to study (so long as it doesn't overlap with the examinable content of any other HSC or SC exam, which is where its usually caught) and write a 2500 word essay on the historiographical point of the history. So usually, people pick something with historical debate to it. something like JFK's assasination is good because there is controversy and while JFK is a case study, we don't do his assasination. :) oh and the history project is internally marked.

hope that helps, but i'd really advise you look at the syllabus for a more accurate description.

good luck :)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i think that writing skills with good expression and an ability to be articulate in what you say is more important than reading in ext hist. although, reading IS a big component.

nessie_lee

Povo Uni Student!
Knights territory.... and I'm a Doggies supporter!
HSC
Lol thanks... i so don't suck! i'm tops!.. i'm a nong for dropping modern instead of ancient... i didn't wanna run the risk of getting my yr 11 modern teacher for yr 12... and guess what.. she ended up leaving, and my modern class scored a really great teacher!... serves me right!!

Scarlett O'Hara

Ok this is off the topic but like i want to get one of those prize winner books of ppl who liked blitzed the hist ext essay, how do i do that ne 1?:confused:

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
go the history teachers association web site and they have the book for sale

ms.cinderella

HSC
Originally posted by Scarlett O'Hara
Ok this is off the topic but like i want to get one of those prize winner books of ppl who liked blitzed the hist ext essay, how do i do that ne 1?:confused:
your teacher might also have a copy too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)