Ext maths hard??? (2 Viewers)

mel4dan

slix_88 said:
Extension isn't that bad. I don't know what school you guys go to, but I reckon its good (not easy). All you've got to do is put the effort in and STUDY!STUDY!STUDY! Whenever my teacher tells me to just do Q1-7 and 10, I go ahead and do Q1-25 and if I have any problems I alsways ask, never leaving any question out (BTW, i work from the Cambridge text books). I know it takes a lot of time, but it will certainly reflect your final result. MORE WORK = HIGHER %.

So far, I've only done 2 2U tests and 1 3U Half-yearly.

MARKS-->
2U --- 98%, 94%
3U --- 98% (1/121).

yeah ok then....its just finding time to do it all

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
illmtl said:
I've been near the top of my grade at school for four years(ish) without doing homework or even paying attention in maths.
Well obviously you don't have to study, but I wouldnt give that advice to people who aren't as good as you.

Personally Im finding ext1 maths very hard, and 2u maths quite easy. It's mainly the trigonometry (everything else is less difficult).

I failed my first ext1 exam with 48%, and then got 96% for 2U, so its a huge difference in difficulty for me...

Edit: Oh yeah, I got 94 for maths in the SC...

Last edited:

stainmepink

HSC
jaywu said:
hey i was just wondering if anyone is finding ext maths hard? I am understanding the concepts well but when it comes to test i get poor marks. To makes things even worse, the class performs poorly as well. The class average is between the 30% & 40%, which i think is quite low. The top mark is like in the 70% range, and only two people in the class actually pass the exams. So is it difficult or is my class and i just stupid people????

Ext maths is definately not hard. The concepts are easy to understand, its just a matter of whether you can put the effort in. If you are doing poorly in tests, more practice is needed. The class average shouldnt be that low theoretically, because these tests are designed so that an even bell curve of student performance can be established. Ext maths is not difficult, so ive come to the conclusion that the people in your class are just stupid, no offence.

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
prelim ext 1 maths was incredibly difficult for me going from 50s to 70s, this year I'm on 80s and possibly moving up to 90s. Hnag in there and study the past papers as well as your text book, it's a lot of qork don't get me wrong but it's worth it.

P

pLuvia

nick1048 said:
prelim ext 1 maths was incredibly difficult for me going from 50s to 70s, this year I'm on 80s and possibly moving up to 90s. Hnag in there and study the past papers as well as your text book, it's a lot of qork don't get me wrong but it's worth it.
i dun find ext 1 maths that hard.. it just goes quicker than 2 u.. just hang on to it in the hsc.. it helps ur 2u mark so much.. im alredy definately doin 4 u maths.. so yeh.. gud luck mate

Last edited by a moderator:
HSC
velox said:
Your test could just be hard. Gobaby has no idea if she says ext maths isnt hard. It can be very hard.
i agree with velox that your test might just be hard. make sure u understand the methods and do lots of practice at home to apply the methods

jaywu

Jaywu
HSC
velox said:
Your test could just be hard. Gobaby has no idea if she says ext maths isnt hard. It can be very hard.
Yeah i think you're right as well. It turns out that the teacher has been picking questions from past hsc papers to put into our exams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)