• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

ext1 maths (1 Viewer)

chamzy

HSC
hey i havnt been consistent in studying 3u maths through out the year and my friend also hasnt been studying it
and i decided to not study it because its going to waste my time and i doubt 2 weeks is going to get me through the whole course and its my 11th unit so it wont count
my friend is studying it and trying to learn the new concepts we havnt done in class

so is it worth studying or should i just focus on other subjects and forget bout ext maths

also what is an avg raw mark for ext 1 maths that would scale high what should you aim and plz dont tell me you should aim high .... just what is an avg raw mark thats considered effective for ext 1 maths

thanksss heapsssssss

D94

HSC
N/A
and i decided to not study it because its going to waste my time and i doubt 2 weeks is going to get me through the whole course and its my 11th unit so it wont count ...

...so is it worth studying or should i just focus on other subjects and forget bout ext maths ...
It could count, depending on your rank and other ranks, and how you've done all year.

also what is an avg raw mark for ext 1 maths that would scale high what should you aim and plz dont tell me you should aim high .... just what is an avg raw mark thats considered effective for ext 1 maths
Last year, this was someone's mark: 49/84 got aligned and scaled to 85. Make a judgement and see if you can achieve close to that.

chamzy

HSC
problem is we havnt done simple harmonic motion or projectile motion or conics and locus stuff my schools ranked 608 like the teacher didnt even know how to do these questions and we barely done anything in school
and the trial marks... everyone failed except one person who got 74/84 and 2nd was 37/84 followed me 36 then 23...

D94

HSC
N/A
Overall, if you are ranked 3rd or top 5, then you should still try, even though there is a massive gap. The person coming first is an outlier, and won't be counted with the pack (assuming he/she has consistently done well). Although, since you haven't covered those topics (except conics since that's 4u, unless you mean Parametrics/Parabola), it's worrying because they are worth a good 6 marks each depending on the question. Still, there's no reason why you shouldn't try; maybe an E3 band (35-44/50 aligned and scaled) turns out better than another subject, MX1 could count.

chamzy

HSC
ok man thanks heaps for your help good luck appreciate it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)