extended response length... (1 Viewer)

blue_lemonade

extended response length...PLS ANSWER

as a guide..
how many words are expected of you in an extended response when aiming for band5/6 - ish?

thanks!

Last edited:

AGB

HSC
it is hard to clarify this because as long as you are fulfilling all of the criteria for a band 6 result, then you will get a band 6.

however, in saying that, i personally think that you cant get the right amount of information to get a 20/20 in less than 7-8 pages. if you look at the exemplars, they go up to 16 pages (or there abouts) for just one extended response

but then again, people who write 4/5 pages for extended responses still get into band 6.....so all in all, it is really hard to clarify

i usually aim to write about a page in 5 or 6 min and write for a solid hour. that means somewhere between 10 and 12 pages, but that is just for me and it may not work for u

is a roflcopter
HSC
ribbon effect!
its quite easy if you abuse diagrams :p

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah as AGB said, write however much that u feel u have covered everything the question is asking for. Its personal really, but I couldn't get down what I wanted to write about in less than 18 pages, so I had to write that much to make my own argument coherant - and naturally I devoted more time to the extended responses (1 hr each). So again, it's dependant on your style I guess

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)