Extension 1 Essay: Have they ever... (1 Viewer)

hereyes

HSC
Have the BOS ever asked (for an essay question) in which you must examine all THREE texts studied?

slightly nervous about this, seeing as I am most confident with two of my prescribed texts...

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
Once again, like in Advanced Module C (for those doing Hughes/Plath) it is POSSIBLE, but very, very unlikely.

Although I guess that after Paper 1 asking for only one related text, it's really up in the air..?!

jess39

HSC
I really doubt they would, especially as this is the first year for all these new electives.

But... you never know.

catherinet

HSC
It would be mean for them to say "all 3 perscribed" or to specify which perscribed IMO.... they better not.! But, i'm going to know them all just incase, because otherwise i won't be able to sleep at night :S

niloony

HSC
Our teacher has told us to prepare for it just incase. I'm wondering if they could ask for you to use your third text as the basis for a creative writing piece (yes they can and do check which texts you used for your essay).

danielle.c

HSC
i was told to know all 3 texts just incase the question suits 2 of you texts better than the remainder.

braz_55

HSC
Ah crap I wish I'd seen this before I went off staring a new thread. I'm really hoping they don't because I know nothing about wuthering heights. At all. But then... There's always that possibility... O_O

Lloyd The Lion

HSC
I'm in the same boat as braz55. I know nothing about wuthering heights. i was over the moon when we moved on because i just didnt like it. Now people have me scared that the stupid bos will say 3 gah!
Given the bos' track record so far with these exams it makes me think its way more likely as well.
Gah death

4U English
Gen Maths
Drama
2U Religion

annikab

HSC
I asked my teacher the exact same question today. He said extremely unlikely that they will, if you look at all past questions they have said at least two prescribed and at least two related texts. Especially since my module has changed, i.e. retreat to navigating the global, I don't think they'd pop quiz us on all three.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)