Extension 1 Guidance (1 Viewer)

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
So if i must do it (SC), do i have to do it with the other students or just any time?
what score must I get do ya reckon to get in?

What about physics, see i am as good at physics as i am maths, would i have to do the science SC which would contain Biology, Chemistry and Physics (but the problem is i am not as proficient at Chem and Bio) or would i do just physics?

Last edited:

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
kurt.physics said:
So if i must do it, do i have to do it with the other students or just any time?
For a person with such outstanding intelligence you seem daft of any common sense.

You do the SC when everybody does the SC. With students.

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
But what do you reckon about the physics buisness?

Also, according to the .pdf file i downloaded a few minutes ago, it says i have to have done 4 years from age 12 to 16. Do you think that would be negligible.

Last edited:

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
kurt.physics said:
But what do you reckon about the physics buisness?
You learn in year 11. Don't worry about prior knowledge.

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
Few, that is a relief, but the next 87 days are going to be a rolarcoaster to fully cover every detail in the year 9 and 10 syllubus and also do some extra work with 2U and 3U to convince the teachers.

GOD, IF I KNEW I HAD TO DO SO MUCH WORK...I WOULD HAVE STARTED MONTHS AGO!!!:bomb:

thanks for all your help S1MO and the rest, but now i'll have to start taking up coffie!

Also, one more thing, were Logs, Geo circle, and Polynomials in your syllabus when you were in yr 10?

Thanks....... oh, i just herd the kettle finish boiling G2G :)

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
just wondering mchappypants and S1MO. Your both are doing ext 1. Mathematics and/or not doing 4U Maths. What did you get in the School Certifite (SC) in Mathematics?

HSC
kurt.physics said:
Do you really think I should do that? I probably could, but i don't know if i really want to do the test.

Is it necessary to do the SC to get into year 11? Do you reckon i could get away with it?
well not really that necessary, i'm pretty sure you just have to show that you're good enough to do year 11 and that you will ace it too (probably wouldn't be too hard for you).

i duno really. doing the sc and going well in it just strengthens your case for getting your teacher to let you into year 11, thats why i threw it in

HSC
kurt.physics said:
just wondering mchappypants and S1MO. Your both are doing ext 1. Mathematics and/or not doing 4U Maths. What did you get in the School Certifite (SC) in Mathematics?
remember the whole state does it so you've got all standard, intermediate and advanced students (you) sitting the same test. if you don't get 90+ you shouldn't be accelerating, if you get lower than 85 you shouldn't be thinking about doing three unit, any lower than 80 it's off to general maths you go or no maths at all. well that's my opinion anyway.

if it helps i got 92 in sc and did 2/3 unit (wasn't brilliant at it though) .

What about physics, see i am as good at physics as i am maths, would i have to do the science SC which would contain Biology, Chemistry and Physics (but the problem is i am not as proficient at Chem and Bio) or would i do just physics?
lol you can't just pick and choose. you would have to sit the science sc. just ask if you can do your sc a year early for science.

mat2154

HSC
i'm pretty sure the sc is scored in terms of marks out of 100, and then the mark out of 100 is converted into bands ie >90 gives you a band six etc. the school cert is so easy, i didn't study as still got 97, you shouldn't stress over it. On three unit, its really easy compared to 4 unit. i've also done the 2 unit hsc last year and i would say that three unit isn't too much harder.

sm16

HSC
U knw in 3 unit maths its good enough to even pass!!..Atleast at ma skool it is!!!....we have like 50+% of the class failing:mad1: ....but then again it also depends on the difficulty level of a test / assessment!...But if u got the knack fr maths ..go fr it....and anyways if u dont like it u always have the option of dropping it...in year 12 !:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)