Extension 2 English Mark (1 Viewer)

olivial

HSC
Peoples, I am so confused. Could someone please explain?
So for English Extension 2, my examination mark was 41/50 and my assessment mark was 47/50.
But my rank was last in my class, so how is it possible that my assessment mark was higher than my exam mark? My exam mark comes from my major right, and my assessment is based on my rank? Or is it the other way around?

HSC
N/A
If your internal mark was higher than your external, you got pulled up by your class

GoldyOrNugget

Señor Member
HSC
Her internal was last, so she should have gotten the last external. This is weird.

olivial

HSC
yeah, I might just get a results check for it, out of interest :) thanks anyway!

olivial

HSC
Okay, just called the HSC Inquiry Line :) Supermanperson was partially right- I did get pulled up by my class. Apparently because my cohort was so small (3 people) and because the rest of my cohort did amazingly well (as in close to full marks), my internal was pulled up. My internal mark was still the lowest, but was not really affected by my external. Rather you could say that the awesomeness of the rest of my class was stronger than the not-so-awesomeness of my own mark.
Weird, huh? But I'm not complaining!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)