extension 2's (1 Viewer)

mandalay

cortigiana onesta
HSC
why is it that people who do ext 2 maths don't do 2 unit maths... but those who do ext 2 english have to do 2 unit enlgish??

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
cos maths is progressive, if u are doin 4u maths u are expected to get basicly 100% in 2u, and cos the subject is so big they make it worth 2u and ext 1 worth 2u and so u dont do 2u... but english ext 2 is a different subject 2 2u english, and jus cos u do good in ext 2 it doesn mean u will do well in 2u. but in saying that they are thinkin of changin the way maths is and makin them do the 2u course and have a major ass like in ext 2 english

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Basically the idea is that you have to know the whole 2u course anyway because it might turn up in a 3u exam, but as someone has said maths is more progressive, and as such any 4u student would get near 100% in 2u and it would be pointless.

Not many ext 2 english students get over 95% in an advanced english exam, do they?

mandalay

cortigiana onesta
HSC
oh yeah i see...

before i thought people who ext 2 maths automatically got 100% but then i was told they just didn't do 2 unit lol which made a lot more sense.

what major assignment could ext 2 maths consist of?

mandalay

cortigiana onesta
HSC
Not many ext 2 english students get over 95% in an advanced english exam, do they?[/QUOTE]

well it's not really expected of them coz all the english subjects are pretty much disconnect with one another

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
mandalay said:
oh yeah i see...

before i thought people who ext 2 maths automatically got 100% but then i was told they just didn't do 2 unit lol which made a lot more sense.

what major assignment could ext 2 maths consist of?
There's no major work for extension 2 maths, basically what happens is the 4u component is worth 2 units and 3u component is worth 2 units.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
JamiL said:
cos maths is progressive, if u are doin 4u maths u are expected to get basicly 100% in 2u, and cos the subject is so big they make it worth 2u and ext 1 worth 2u and so u dont do 2u... but english ext 2 is a different subject 2 2u english, and jus cos u do good in ext 2 it doesn mean u will do well in 2u. but in saying that they are thinkin of changin the way maths is and makin them do the 2u course and have a major ass like in ext 2 english
And what is an Ext 2 student expected to get in Ext 1?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
And what is an Ext 2 student expected to get in Ext 1?
If you're talking about year 11 marks then I'm not sure, most likely 75%+ (someone correct me if this is wrong because I really am unsure).

In year 12 an extension 2 student should be reasonably expected to get 85+(aligned) in extension 1 at the absolute minimum.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
JamiL said:
yes actually many ext 2s go crappy in adv, I'm first in ext 1 but not so good in 2u (eng).
re maths, erm, so what if you do 3 u one year then just 4 u the next? gah, it should work though, just do the additional exam...oh yay me, I just answered my own question, hence a complete waste of posting...you ppl who have done 4 u, if you get 40/50 in each you get 80 and 80 put in for your UAI, right?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
cherryblossom said:
yes actually many ext 2s go crappy in adv, I'm first in ext 1 but not so good in 2u (eng).
re maths, erm, so what if you do 3 u one year then just 4 u the next? gah, it should work though, just do the additional exam...oh yay me, I just answered my own question, hence a complete waste of posting...you ppl who have done 4 u, if you get 40/50 in each you get 80 and 80 put in for your UAI, right?
I'd be redoing 3u unless I got 100 in it, because extension 2 will make 3u work a breeze and you should easily be able to improve on your mark.

And yes, that 80 and 80 thing is correct.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Even tho the english courses aren't linked in our school the ppl who go good in adv also tend to be the ppl who go well in ext1. with ext2 because any1 can do some ppl do these boring major works and u tend to see the ppl who do the good/great ones are good ext1/adv students.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
withoutaface said:
I'd be redoing 3u unless I got 100 in it, because extension 2 will make 3u work a breeze and you should easily be able to improve on your mark.

And yes, that 80 and 80 thing is correct.
oh can you do that?

illin

Ill factor
HSC
Its broken down as thus:
Maths extension 1: Mathematics (2u) + Mathematics ext.1 (1u)
Maths extension 2: Mathematics ext. 1 (2u) + Mathematics ext. 2 (2u)
Because 4u is alot harder than just a 1 unit subject it has more value ie. 2u worth
Is it that hard to comprehend???

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
illin said:
Its broken down as thus:
Maths extension 1: Mathematics (2u) + Mathematics ext.1 (1u)
Maths extension 2: Mathematics ext. 1 (2u) + Mathematics ext. 2 (2u)
Because 4u is alot harder than just a 1 unit subject it has more value ie. 2u worth
Is it that hard to comprehend???
no, my question was in regard to doing the 3 u exam again. is basic courtesy so hard to put into practise??

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Cherryblossom: Yes you can redo the 3u exam, I have friends from accelerated 2u who are now doing yr 12 3u, and hence doing the 2u HSC again.

JamiL

HSC
mandalay said:
oh yeah i see...

this is studpid then cos all 3u students would 4u (even if 4u did count 4 them) they would automaticly get 100% in 2u n concentrate on 3u... if u get wot im getting at

JamiL

HSC
i will admite that alot of students that do ext 1 and do well in it do well in adv english, but the topic is EXT 2, and the guy that is coming 1st in ext 1 and adv is not planning on doin ext 2, and that was the same last year (the english award at our school went to boy who did ext 1 english came 1st in both ext 1 and adv but didn do ext 2) Ext2 english is totaly different course and does not suit every1... u have 2 be bored 2 do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)