Extension courses for year 12? And what are you dropping? (1 Viewer)

afta???

HSC
*girl04* said:
duh he made oz history compulsory 4 9 and 10. the whole civics and citenship thing *it* *is* *annoying* *when* *people* *doo* *this* *erin* *lol*
some schools actually have lessons dedicated to civics and citezenship.....
i cant believe it........it is common sense wat they test you on civics

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
*girl04* said:
duh he made oz history compulsory 4 9 and 10. the whole civics and citenship thing *it* *is* *annoying* *when* *people* *doo* *this* *erin* *lol*
ohh alisa hunny, when will you learn? I don't give a fuck about anything you say. Possibly because you have the brain capacity of a large walnut.

Oh, and for the record, I thought that they were referring to a recent change - as in, this year or to be instigated next year. Gosh, how can I live with myself having made such a mistake?

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
afta??? said:
some schools actually have lessons dedicated to civics and citezenship.....
i cant believe it........it is common sense wat they test you on civics

yeah civics is pretty much commonsense .. i did commerce and we did 2 terms on government though so that helped me along!

citenship is definetely common sense and a little bit of thinking

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Hm.. I'm aiming for a 90s UAI, nothing specific right now. I'd like to drop chemistry, but then I'd have to take up Maths Extension 2 (as opposed to 1 right now) and that's not really a good idea for me I don't think haha

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
glycerine said:
ohh alisa hunny, when will you learn? I don't give a fuck about anything you say. Possibly because you have the brain capacity of a large walnut.

Oh, and for the record, I thought that they were referring to a recent change - as in, this year or to be instigated next year. Gosh, how can I live with myself having made such a mistake?

thanks erin :) without you here to correct me, i couldnt get through life
i am not rying to be mean here but If my words don’t matter, why do u always comment on them? Sorry if I have offended you, I know I seem to easily angnst you

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
if i were doing the SC back in the days, I would have chosen to do history instead of crappy geography...

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
i would have done both ( of possible) i Love Geography, but then since it didn’t run at my school did ancient history and I love that too

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Slide Rule said:
It's not hard. Think about it a bit: a circle is actually two semicircles of equation: y=(r<sup>2</sup>-x<sup>2</sup>)<sup>1/2</sup> and y=-(r<sup>2</sup>-x<sup>2</sup>)<sup>1/2</sup>.

Although in terms of the calculus involved, that's a bit annoying. If you're interested, I've attached an example for a circle of radius 5 and, not that it matters, centre (0,0).

If you want to check the validty of my solution: pi*r^2. 25pi.
lol you rock! Is that your handwriting?

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
zergcave said:
apologies to all history students for my bias:)

But my conception of history is based largely on my part during year 10 - in which i got 95%, and band 6 in SC.
as i said, no complicated thinking. i simply spent time reading the textbook over, and regurgitated entire essays come exam time. however the memorising was so fking stressful....and annoying........so many things to remeber - such as numerous dates > why?. the "pointlessness'' (apparently some may argue against me on that) and idea of regurgitation did not appeal to me one bit when i chose my hsc subjects. some teacher even tried to convince (trick) me into choose ancient becoz it scales HIGHLY....HA!! its actually scaled down.
Yes that is true for yr 10 hist, I crammed so hard for it and only got 90. -_- don't cram for history and geo in the SC folks, it's a waste of time.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Haha, I crammed for history and got 93, but history was easy in the SC. Geo on the other hand I didn't really even bother looking at between years 7 - 10 and still got 91 heh.

Geo at our school was bad anyway. Doesn't hold any appeal to me whatsoever.

belly_moo

burgur 'o5
HSC
haha zergcave ie RONALD just has a big head. you know, you coulda told me that over msn [bout me barely passing 2u let alone ext]. but thX anyways

but anyways, you knobhead, just because you like maths [only because you are good at maths], it doesnt give you an excuse to blab on about how crap you think history subjects are. history in yrs11 and 12 are waY* different to yr10 history which i agree was really, really boring. i thougth history in yr10 was a waste of time cause i almost fell asleep in most of my classes. then again, i did fall asleep in maths as well.. i still do actually.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
cherryblossom said:
lol you rock! Is that your handwriting?
Hey, thanks! Yea, that's my handwriting. Illegible?

I just noticed Jamil's method. That's correct, too, and he mentioned it before I did. I guess he just made a mistake in the integration.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
JamiL said:
no sorry mate, i am still in Yr11 but accell in 2u maths (not accell in 3u thou), that intergration to find the volume of a sphere is basic 2u work.
i bet yu could find the area of a circle if u used y=(-x^2 + r^2)^.5 which is a semi circle and intergrated it to find that area and then timed it by 2.

i think i did it but i have done it rong. i intergrated (16 - x^2)^.5 form 2 to -2 and then times it by 2 and got 27.7units squared but the answer is pi*16 which is approx 50.3
You got the limits wrong. -4 to 4.

zergcave

HSC
i dun see the point in accellerating.

the 2u course is irrelavent in year 12 (for 4u pple) in terms of assessibility.
we take the normal course and will simply rush through the 2u shit during the hsc year.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I didn't accelerate, but I've finished the 2unit course anyway. I have no idea how. I think just having a maths textbook near me makes me absorb the knowledge from it.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Shit. I missed series and probability.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)