Extension courses for year 12? And what are you dropping? (1 Viewer)

zergcave

HSC
ha...amazing - 5u history. thats alot of writing dude. i also hope u have a rather photographic memory?

now having said that, ..you must suck at maths, even at the this 1u level ahahah. If your not planning to do some sort of engineering, or some other math-orientated field at uni (im not saying that ur general maths will be of any use anyways), then i see no point in keeping it ...right?

Last edited:

woho

HSC
Need advice on whether to drop ext english... am currently coming first but the last marks we got back were from the half-yearlies (scored 25/25)...

i know it sounds dumb but i don't need it for uni (doing Forensic Science degree at UTS) and the good scaling wouldn't really help as i only need 85 UAI. And its way too much work. Bt our teacher's bloody brilliant (reason i did well) so I dunno... prob wait till do yearly and get results back.

NB: I also do 2 unit chem, 2 unit physics, Ext 1 Maths, and Music. Coming: Second in Chem (by like 0.000000000005 marks), second in phys (by about 1 mark) first in ext maths, second in mathematics, second in music and second in english advanced (but so close to being first!)

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
woho said:
Need advice on whether to drop ext english... am currently coming first but the last marks we got back were from the half-yearlies (scored 25/25)...

i know it sounds dumb but i don't need it for uni (doing Forensic Science degree at UTS) and the good scaling wouldn't really help as i only need 85 UAI. And its way too much work. Bt our teacher's bloody brilliant (reason i did well) so I dunno... prob wait till do yearly and get results back.

NB: I also do 2 unit chem, 2 unit physics, Ext 1 Maths, and Music. Coming: Second in Chem (by like 0.000000000005 marks), second in phys (by about 1 mark) first in ext maths, second in mathematics, second in music and second in english advanced (but so close to being first!)
Don't drop, unless you are sure that it will affect your marks next year.

IceOnFire

HSC
Going to drop english ext. Suck and hate it so much its not even funny now.. >.<
You can do 5 unit history..? There is such a thing?? :confused:

-pari-

HSC
N/A
that's pretty full on ^^

am considering dropping ext1 maths

not picking up anything else

asdf5432

HSC
I'm thinking of dropping Ext maths and picking up ext. history. I'm dropping economics so that means I'll have 11 units. People have been telling me not to do Ext History if I don't need it (since we only need 10 units) but I don't know... I've always thought of doing it so why not? I know the workload is a lot though... and the subjects I do are mostly writing kind of subs (eg: legal, society & culture, modern history...)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I dropped 2 units of SOR (compulsory in year 11, but not 12 :D) and picked up extension 2 maths.

Elia

HSC
Yeh , I'm dropping business studies too, I just hate it all together. I was thinking of dropping biology ,but i dunno if i should.

GaDaMIt

Premium Member
HSC
Prelim.
3 maths
2 english (advanced)
2 physics
2 economics
2 business studies

HSC
4 maths
2 english (advanced)
2 physics
2 economics

IceOnFire

HSC
I got for my HSC course:
4 unit maths
English advance
Business Studies
Economics
Physics

so 12 units all together. Was thinking about dropping physics, but i already bought the textbooks for it.. so ya, it will be a waste of money and cbb selling the books.. :)

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Elia said:
Yeh , I'm dropping business studies too, I just hate it all together.
Hear hear :D

IceOnFire said:
so 12 units all together. Was thinking about dropping physics, but i already bought the textbooks for it.. so ya, it will be a waste of money and cbb selling the books.. :)
I could buy those textbooks off you, but I have no money to :p

bassguy

HSC
picking up ext music
dropping chemistry
except for some reason i cant drop chemistry until week 2 next term
which will make it evven more shit

IceOnFire

HSC
isn't it everyones got to do three weeks of their current subjects before they can go up or drop anything? I think that's what is happening at my school.

punkoohi

HSC
JamiL said:
i am picking up ext 2 maths, and my english teacher advised me to pick up ext 1 english after i was contenplating dropping 2 genral. i dont want 2 drop anything (oh but work, i dont need money that is what parents are 4 ;))
so i would have, Ext2 Maths, Ext1 English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, SOR1(mabey catholic studies)
i talked to my Curriculum adviser and he said that he might let us drop SOR down to catholic studies if we can get the people 4 the class. so if i drop to catholic studies it will be 13 uai units and if he wont let us then it will be 14 units
ARE U ALLOWED TO PICK UP EXT1 ENGLISH IN YEAR 12?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)