• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Extension courses for year 12? And what are you dropping? (1 Viewer)

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
Originally posted by fi_babezy
looks like Jamil is following in Estel's footsteps....

*notes: AIM: UAI 100+*
they say if u aim 4 the sun, u might reach the stars... well ok that is a atupid say considering that the closes star (not inculding our star/sun) is harder 2 reach then our sun... and if u aim 4 the sun n u get there, well u reached a star 2... lol...
neway, u no wot i mean thou...

soul_guardian

HSC
i'm considering taking up 4u maths; that would make eng adv, phys, software design, business, and industrial tech(which i should finish this yr cos of acceleration)

Estel

Tutor
HSC
On the topic of UAI's, IMHO
heh UAI is overrated.

Over the moon: scholarship + get in course
Very, very happy: get in course.

Simple.

Well until you decide you want to do something that has 2900 applications clambering for 140 places.

Ogden_Nash

HSC
Hmm, I'm tossing up between dropping SDD or Physics.
This time last year I would've thought that Physics would be one of my definite subjects but I'm really annoyed about the new course. I mean, why do we have to learn about electrical safety in the home and seatbelts?!
SDD, on the other hand, is enjoyable, and I'm going pretty well, but I'm afraid that creating major projects will be time consuming especially considering that I might be doing 4u maths.
Anyway, I guess we'll all have it figured out in a few months time.

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
yu say uai is over-rated... well when u are trying 2 get in2
either a Bat. Adv Maths (98.9 in NSW)
or become a G.P (God knows how hard it is to get into the courses)
and i either want 2 go to NSW or syd uni...
the uai can be everything
so to my aim is 2 get the best uai possible so that i can get in2 these courses. and if i dont get into either i dont know what i want 2 do..

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Estel said:
On the topic of UAI's, IMHO
heh UAI is overrated.

Over the moon: scholarship + get in course
Very, very happy: get in course.

Simple.

Well until you decide you want to do something that has 2900 applications clambering for 140 places.

getting scholarship for arts/med, is there such thing?

Z

Zeitgeist

Even if there isn't, you can just get a generic scholarship, or a sports scholarship, or an arts scholarship, or a med scholarship, or... yea.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
wrx: no arts/med scholarship
but as zeitgeist said, many generic scholarships.

Jamil: 98.9 is nothing. For medicine a high 99's uai is only 1/3 of the battle. tho i did qualify my statement by saying UAI= overrated if you got in your desired course.

btw Syd uni has a trivial quota for med... + your place isn't really secure.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Ermm, 98.9 nothing? Good luck, u seem rather elitist, quoting from someone else. I suggest you come back to earth. Bah with med, u spend 6 yrs of hard study, then u get to do 14 hour shifts and earn ~ $50k for a couple of years, woopie......but then if you like helping people then by all means do it.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Don't take the quote of context.

Example: "earn ~ $50k for a couple of years, woopie"

Now who seems elitist?

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
JamiL said:
yu say uai is over-rated... well when u are trying 2 get in2
either a Bat. Adv Maths (98.9 in NSW)
or become a G.P (God knows how hard it is to get into the courses)
and i either want 2 go to NSW or syd uni...
the uai can be everything
so to my aim is 2 get the best uai possible so that i can get in2 these courses. and if i dont get into either i dont know what i want 2 do..

Not necessarily... Since i'm rural I can get in on as low as 90-93UAI, though as a UNSW prof. said you need at least 95 (as a rural student) to be able to be assured a place

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Estel said:
Don't take the quote of context.

Example: "earn ~ $50k for a couple of years, woopie"

Now who seems elitist?

Errm the starting salary for decent jobs with decent degrees are ~$40k and they require much less work and much less time in uni. Besides dont take my quote outside its context. Practice what you preach.

Plus im not the first one to call u elitist.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
"Besides dont take my quote outside its context. Practice what you preach."
I took your quote out of context to show that it's stupid to take quotes out of context lol. Hence I used term example. Taking that small line without the accompanying passage makes you sound like a snobbish elitist. Which is what you did to me by taking that small quote "98.9 is nothing"

"Plus im not the first one to call u elitist."
Do I care?
I have good reason to be elitist. :p
Besides... You're gay.
I'm sure someone must've called you that before.... [even if in jest]
Hence it's perfectly fine to call you that.
Get the stupidity of the argument?

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Where does the snobbish come from? The ironic fact is that you goto Sefton. I need not say more. Here you are again taking a quote out of its context, but you can always use the excuse that it was an example.....Get over it, and I hope that one day, you will realise that you have no friends, because of your big head.

"[decided to post in here for more replies]
I'm what one might say is an unfit "nerd" who wants to start a team sport which is fun, safe, non-contact and beginner friendly. I am willing to put some time and try quite a bit (loathe to use term try hard)... I'm thinking along lines of volleyball/bastketball/european handball (naive?)/baseball/hockey.
Any suggestions for places near Paramatta-Bankstown where a beginner can join with two friends to one of these sports in a friendly environment?
Thankyou."

You should go to James Ruse, ur ego and ur extra-curicular activities will suit it well.

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
It's times like these.... I beginning to sense a bit of healthy hostility between you boys (estel and wrx or wrx and estel)...perhaps a poll should be created, or a political group with lost of nourishments like sledging and mindless antics like that.
i think i will write a story about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)