Extension essays (help!) (1 Viewer)

Green Pup

HSC
:jawdrop:Big, bad problem. My half yearly is coming up on Thursday (that's a day and a half away) and I need some major help on writing Ext 1 essays. I know how to write normal, advanced Eng essays, with the structure and everything, but I've never written an Ext essay so far. My teacher has done zilch on essay writing, but told us to prepare 5 conceptual statements relating to Utopia/Dystopias. And apparently, thesis statements go on for a couple of lines or so in Ext.

Just what the hell are these conceptual statements? What's the major differences between Adv essays and Ext essays?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Essays are essays... I don't really see the problem you have?

You should be just doing the same thing for Advanced... for Extension material.

oyuck

HSC
:jawdrop:Big, bad problem. My half yearly is coming up on Thursday (that's a day and a half away) and I need some major help on writing Ext 1 essays. I know how to write normal, advanced Eng essays, with the structure and everything, but I've never written an Ext essay so far. My teacher has done zilch on essay writing, but told us to prepare 5 conceptual statements relating to Utopia/Dystopias. And apparently, thesis statements go on for a couple of lines or so in Ext.

Just what the hell are these conceptual statements? What's the major differences between Adv essays and Ext essays?

So sorry I didn't read this thread earlier!

Extension essays are different to advanced English essays, so don't believe they are the same.

Conceptual statements briefly set the scene for our essay; you need to tell us a bit about the history of utopia/dystopia literature and what about it you are going to talk about (ie whether utopia/dystopian texts have changed through time, or if utopia/dystopia texts are no longer relevant etc... maximum 2 sentences on this). Your thesis doesn't have to be long, but it does need to not only answer the question but also add more insight into your topic, in this case, utopia/dystopias.

theycallmebob

HSC
My teacher marks us down if we don't soak our essays in sophistication, whereas in advanced, I find you can be more to-the-point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)