Extension History '08 (1 Viewer)

leannespeaks

HSC
live.fast said:
Smallest classes work best! But you've got to stay focused! Always stay focused aye! lol good luck 08'ers - history extension is a pretty interesting subject! seriously! you can get pretty philosophical with it - I did loll - just have fun with it!

and dont drop out! commitment! =)

Aww..thanks for the advice ( smiles*)
So far, the small classes i have gives me this "edgy" feeling to stay focus. Esp. if youre fellow compadres are pretty competitive, it does boosts your concentration to a higher level.

After reading Sophies World(probably one of the best books ever written sniff*), the philosophical bug is infecting me right now. It did helped clarify and readjust my thoughts while reading some history books our teacher gave us to read during the holidays..

Youre right, history ext. is pretty colourful and interesting :) it constantly reminds your mind to "think outside the box" ( well thats my interpretation anyway)

drop out?! hell no... :)

leannespeaks

HSC
Kujah said:
2 :) Yeah, it means that our teacher gets to spend more time individually with both of us with the MW and modules. But it does get quiet sometimes :)

2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??
one word: WOW!

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
we have about 20 in my class, give or take a few.
we are doing 'the origins and early development of american democracy' for the case study.
as for the project...possibly something to do with einstein.

hilaryv1

HSC
we hace two small classes of about 7, the ancient girls (that's me) are doing thucydides and the modern girls are doing jfk. Really decided on Jack the Ripper for my major work but trying to decide on a focus question is driving me up the wall!!
What do you think?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Planning to go to State Library or one of those Uni Libraries soon. I've got a few books, and heaps of information from the Internet on my topic. It's just trying to get all the data together and collating them into a structure and essay that's eluding me at the moment :(

Kujah

HSC
N/A
What are you guys upto now in class? We're going around the place- we've nearly finished the Gender/Identity aspect of Elizabeth I, and we're about to start the Marxist and Modernist historians for "What is History?"

Do you guys also have half-yearlies?

Justina

HSC
I don't have half yearlies for this subject.
We only just started ext. this term so we haven't done much! :(
Our teacher's just told us how to do our major work and we're discussing 'What is History' & the readings and stuff atm.

Camo-queen87996

HSC
Hey all,
We have about 7 people doing extension history and our case study is JFK my major project im planing to do Joan of Arc...

I have my extension half yearly in about 3 hours..:read:

oh and the state library is AWESOME!! been there about 3 times now and it has pretty much everything ull need!!

and another thing ask ur teacher if they are part of the History Teachers
Federation- my teacher is and picked me up some great books!!

Goodluck All:wave:

holly.bennett

HSC
im doin ext history this year...were doin 'what is history' and all that..and then Teti is our case study...its not too bad for my big 80% assessment im doin:

"assess ancient and modern intepretations of the historicity of the Persian war"

coz i enjoyed the prelim greek play stuff and i can use aeshylus'' the persai and yeh...so shood b good..due like last dai term 2....shood start it soon..meh lol after exams

kirstali

HSC
argh. extension history. pretty much the pain of my existance.

as of now, i have changed my MW topic for the fourth time. im currently researching the Impact of Opera on the Belgian Revolution. Pretty interesting. i hope it pulls through..

as for class. What is History and JFK. cannot wait to sink my teeth into JFK and move on from this ancient crap.
lol
:cold:

solomarc20

*Yawn
HSC
N/A
Am quite surprised 2 see that lots of ppl r doing JFK and Elizabeth! Although, they r interesting! We're doing appeasement as our case study.

For my MW, I'm doing Nixon and Watergate. Some really fascinating info out there, especially with media hype! U guys hav had some gr8 ideas 4 topics!

Its really odd 4 our HX half-yearly. Its only worth 5% of the course! (2.5% of total HSC) I think thats a bit pointless... A 15 is basically just as good as a 25!Also, I could not attempt the question at all and STILL get an E4!!!

kirstali

HSC
^^^ same. our half yearly is next week. but only worth 5%
(thats less than the MW bibliography!!!!!!)

bullshit.

reeni24

HSC
i have my half yearly for ext. tomorrow but it has no assessment value.. we have a source-based question on 'what is history' like you do in the real thing HSC and we're doing it as a practice..

it's not worth anything though i still get nervous cos its hard to prepare for and i can just imagine getting in there and being like 'oh god..' when looking at the question.. haha

solomarc20

*Yawn
HSC
N/A
reeni24 said:
i have my half yearly for ext. tomorrow but it has no assessment value.. we have a source-based question on 'what is history' like you do in the real thing HSC and we're doing it as a practice..

it's not worth anything though i still get nervous cos its hard to prepare for and i can just imagine getting in there and being like 'oh god..' when looking at the question.. haha
I think preparation will b the hardest part 2! Ther are so many sources 2 use. Our half-yearly is in exactly the same format as urs. We were going 2 hav an appeasement question, but since the teacher went away, we don't!!!

leannespeaks

HSC
did half yearly exams..for ext.history
it was only 5%( yeah) but wrote over 2 booklets..

for project im still up for :

The impact of Black death in Medieval England..
or
The impact of Black Death on noble class in Medieval England..

hoorah to the medievalists!!

wendus

krawr.
HSC
bahahaha we don't get half-yearlies :]
for my project i'm doing historian's views on mussolini and how their contexts shape these. whooooop!

anjelika

HSC
does anyone have any information on convict womenin aust???...
any useful websites or anything?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)