Extension History - cant decide major work topic (1 Viewer)

memblue

HSC
Hi,
I am trying to decide what sort of thing to do for my history major work....
I am having trouble coming up with topics... so i was just wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions of things i may not have though of? i have a few ideas but would like some more :)

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

edwardf316

HSC
N/A
The possibilities are virtually endless, so its hard to give a straight suggestion. Try looking into a period or personality in history that has a lot of debate surrounding it. Is there a particular historical period or personality you are interested in?

Tink

HSC
History debate forums are good sources of inspiration, but definitely, definitely make sure you're interested in the topic. You'll spend a long time getting acquainted with it.

memblue

HSC
thanks for your reply, haha yes, thats why it is so hard! i really like american politics as well as the arab israeli conflict but i am very interested in religion and art as well so it is super hard! i cant decide to do something that also relates to my modern history course or not

there is just too much choice!

memblue

HSC
yes! that is definately my dliema, i can't figure out what i will like enough!

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
choose something simple which has lots of resources on both sides of debate, i did mine about Lenin. Also make sure you are really interested in the topic

Tink

HSC
Atlantis ftw.

If you can't find something you like, find something heavily debated. Terrorism was an easy-ish topic, according to one of the kids in my class.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)