Extension Japanese: dou datta? (1 Viewer)

Ostentatious

jfK1c45g2f4Of56Eyd4f57cxZ
HSC
I think I went just fine, and I met a new person... who I lost contact with completely :(

Anyone go to UNSW afterwards?

cerys

because i can.
HSC
It was alright. I recon I could've done better though ):

I chose questions 2 & 3.

Not expecting a band 4 ):

Did you go to Kogarah to do it?

I didn't end up going to UNSW afterwards because I had to get home to finish my BOW for art (though I ended up procrastinating until today!).

rmtz

HSC
For me, Extension was better than Continuers...not because I did well in Extension but because I did screwed up in Cont...

I thought everybody would have dodged Q2 but guess not lol. Went to UNSW after just to see how pretty it is:> I reckon it looks better than USYD

cerys

because i can.
HSC
^ Are you doing Japanese Continuers at the moment? Unless you can boost that 79% into a 85%+ I wouldn't advise doing Japanese Extension. But I mean, if you enjoy Japanese and want to do it, I have no right to stop you :)

It scales well if you do good, apparently. Content is average for a 1 unit subject. I did it through OHS and I didn't finish the work we were meant to send in because I was that lazy. If you're lazy, don't do it! But if you're motivated and willing to do the work, go ahead. You'll be studying Spirited Away as a text and some prescribed issues - go look at the syllabus.

Last edited:

TeeJay 1993

HSC
hey, i'm in the new yr 12 and was thinking about picking up Japanese continuers .. my yr 11 mark was 79%, do you reckon i shoould choose ext? i really enjoy it and need something to fall on cos i know i'll fk up in business .. does it scale well? how's the work load? did anyone do it through OHS
i picked it up at the start and found it to be relaxing compared to extension history and it is good because Spirited Away is an awesome movie that you don't get sick of when you have to watch it over and over again. we only had 6 people in our continuers class, but only 2 of us were asked to do extension. i love japanese to bits and am going to japan for the second time in March. can't wait. My teacher told me that is scales well and i am quite happy with it because it also helps to improve your understanding of the continuers course, therefore improving your mark for that too.

mangadrawer

HSC
In 2009, Japanese Extension did not scale as well as it used to do, but this is due to the fact that it was the first year with the change of syllabus. My mark of 46/50 scaled down whilst in previous years, it would go up 1 or 2 points.

mioumiou

HSC
In 2009, Japanese Extension did not scale as well as it used to do, but this is due to the fact that it was the first year with the change of syllabus. My mark of 46/50 scaled down whilst in previous years, it would go up 1 or 2 points.
But still, you've achieve great marks!! Look at your results!! :hammer:
And good luck with Uni and everything! :uhhuh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)