Extension maths results (2 Viewers)

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Vampire... give us 4 years and I don't think we'll be in top 100... :p

Looking at the kids in 2 grades lower makes me shudder...

'least we'll be the only school to have our own Gestapo...

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
some of these marks are really good......CONGRATS

Alaranth

I shocked myself to pieces when I got 96% on Commbinations and Permutations, topping the class! The guys who usually top got around 85%. Mind you, we were told not to study, and I did...

Problem was, it wasn't assesable! So it counts nothing to my overall mark! On the half-yearly, I got 69%, I think. Not amazing, but it was a difficult test.

capsicum

HSC
um, are everyone's marks from topic exams?
i thought you were supposed to post your half-yearly exam mark!
like..all topics crammed into one paper?
*confused*

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
^^ yeah but everyone justs posts anything! plus you can still compare the topic test results ... but at our school we dont do topic tests for maths ( except for in like years 7,8 and 9) fairly stupid if you ask me

capsicum

HSC
yeh we dont dont topic exams anymore. only in junior years do we do them. and they're pretty easy most of the time.

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
66%... my skool is like number 1 boys skool in maths..
but this mark was below average ><"

this was the first test i lost 2 marks for messy working ><"

onigiri

HSC
I did pretty shit. i got 51% and managed to just pass X_x;;

HSC
back when i did extension math, i got 9% for my worst exam (average 41%) and overall a mark of 35% (average 60%)...

some schools have impossibly long and difficult tests, others have ones like the syllabus... (mine wasn't that hard, i was just stupid)

if you're not doing well in math ext, don't worry - since i dropped the damn subject, i'm top 5 in everything... except 2u math (damn 3u ppl!)

kpq_sniper017

Originally posted by whiterabbit
back when i did extension math, i got 9% for my worst exam (average 41%) and overall a mark of 35% (average 60%)...

some schools have impossibly long and difficult tests, others have ones like the syllabus... (mine wasn't that hard, i was just stupid)

if you're not doing well in math ext, don't worry - since i dropped the damn subject, i'm top 5 in everything... except 2u math (damn 3u ppl!)
:)
so i'm guessing u have no regrets?

HSC
Originally posted by pcx_demolition017
:)
so i'm guessing u have no regrets?
nopes
and now im top of eng ext 1 and ext 2!!

just ask yr 12 students in your school, get a good idea of what you're gonna drop and why...

kpq_sniper017

Originally posted by whiterabbit
nopes
and now im top of eng ext 1 and ext 2!!

just ask yr 12 students in your school, get a good idea of what you're gonna drop and why...
i don't think i'll be dropping anything.
however, i'm unsure as to whether to drop ext 1 english to do ext 2 maths. ideally, i hope i can try out ext 2 without having to drop anything....but, it's not an ideal world.

btw. how are ext 1 and ext 2 english? are they difficult/time-consuming? how would u rank adv/x1/x2 in terms of:
a) difficulty
b) time consumption
c) enjoyment

Last edited by a moderator:
HSC
Originally posted by pcx_demolition017
btw. how are ext 1 and ext 2 english? are they difficult/time-consuming? how would u rank adv/x1/x2 in terms of:
a) difficulty
b) time consumption
c) enjoyment
in the words of my teacher: 'doing extension 1 is almost a 2 unit course... doing extension 2 is almost a 3 unit course... actually extension 2 reminds me of a phd at uni...'

they're both as easy or as hard as you want them to be... but if you want a mark that stands out, it's a lot of work, not necessarily difficult...

both take up quite a bit of time... again, as much or as little as you put in... english ext 2 is a big time bitch... it eats up your time like crazy... advantage: it's over before the hsc, therefore less units to worry about, also, most schools don't have many formal classes for the subject - we have a one-on-one period once a week...

ext 1: depends on whether you like the module you do...
ext 2: all freedom to YOU... look in the forums if you think it appeals to you... and GET RESEARCHING NOW! you can never have enough research...

if you think you can handle ext 1 eng AND ext 1 math... or even ext 2 eng... thats okay... there's sum chick at my school doing 4u math, 3u music, 3u jap and eng, but be realistic about how hard you can work continuously... don't burn out...

HSC
oh i forgot about adv...

eng adv is enjoyable if you happen to like what your school picks for you (damn you, tempest, damn you, jane austen)
it's not hard... very repetetive...
not that much work... but you have to make sure you understand everything - concepts, contexts, assumptions, key-word etc... from there onwards its just splurging the same ideas back and forth in different forms ('journeys' is a VERY broad topic)

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
I got 45/57 (approx 78%)
HellVen got 36/57
thats one subject that I'm good in

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)