Extension Music Ensemble Pieces... (1 Viewer)

annastina

HSC
heya

i play cello... does anyone no of any good to fantastic ensemble pices that have a cello in it.... pretty broad i no.... but if it has insrtuments i cant get my hands on... i can always transpose it!

i am stressing.... ive got 7th grade in the middle of th trials.... :S and then have to have my hsc pices ready too.... ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
i dunno....but on the topic of ensemble pieces, i am going to do Matthew Hindson's "5 Movements for Sax. Quartet" as well as a jazz piece by andrew robson for my Aussie elective....in the Hindson, does anyone have any suggestions as to what movement to do?

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
demosthenes said:
i dunno....but on the topic of ensemble pieces, i am going to do Matthew Hindson's "5 Movements for Sax. Quartet" as well as a jazz piece by andrew robson for my Aussie elective....in the Hindson, does anyone have any suggestions as to what movement to do?
all my pieces are ensemble pieces :D
cept my australian core piece which just has piano accomp.

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
which one is ur aussie piece? i ent up to AMC today, and had a look around....i wanna do that Noiz in the Hood piece, but alas it is written for tenor and i play the (far superior) alto :(.

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
annastina said:
heya

i play cello... does anyone no of any good to fantastic ensemble pices that have a cello in it.... pretty broad i no.... but if it has insrtuments i cant get my hands on... i can always transpose it!

i am stressing.... ive got 7th grade in the middle of th trials.... :S and then have to have my hsc pices ready too.... ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I'm not sure what ensemble pieces you should use, but why not use you grade 7 pieces for you HSC? I'm doing 6th grade singing and using a lot of the same pieces- It cuts down the stress level, I won't need 4 exam pieces plus 6 HSC pieces. Between the 2 exams, I'm only doing 8 pieces.
For my ensemble piece I'm singing "The Prayer" with Aaron Taylor-He sang in Encore this year

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
I play cello, and my ensemble Piece was "The Jet Whistle" By Villa Lobos , thats v.fun to play and not all that hard, but enough to show tenichal ability.
Its for Flute and Cello, and 3 Movements, short enough to fit into program...its a really fun and good piece to learn! or you could do a Quartet, like Fauré or Beethoven, or Schubert...

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
HSC
demosthenes said:
which one is ur aussie piece? i ent up to AMC today, and had a look around....i wanna do that Noiz in the Hood piece, but alas it is written for tenor and i play the (far superior) alto :(.
Haha, Good Piece, a guy in my class did that piece its really good for the HSC ^_^They liked it enough :p

annastina

HSC
Bunny04 said:
I play cello, and my ensemble Piece was "The Jet Whistle" By Villa Lobos , thats v.fun to play and not all that hard, but enough to show tenichal ability.
Its for Flute and Cello, and 3 Movements, short enough to fit into program...its a really fun and good piece to learn! or you could do a Quartet, like Fauré or Beethoven, or Schubert...

TA...ill do some reaserch.....
thanks!

steffo

steph
HSC
recommended by a cellist friend:

*** Tango Sensations: Fear - Piazzolla
*** Libertango - Piazzolla

*** Butterfly's Day Out - Mark O'Conner
*** 1B - Edgar Meyer

*** Was Gott Tut, Das Ist Wohlgetan, BWV 75 - Bach
*** Erbarme Dich - St. Matthew Passion

*** IV. Allegro Molto, Quartet In G Minor, Op. 45 - Gabrielle Faure

*** Prelude No.1 - George Gershwin

he likes cello. as do i.

annastina

HSC
steffo said:
recommended by a cellist friend:

*** Tango Sensations: Fear - Piazzolla
*** Libertango - Piazzolla

*** Butterfly's Day Out - Mark O'Conner
*** 1B - Edgar Meyer

*** Was Gott Tut, Das Ist Wohlgetan, BWV 75 - Bach
*** Erbarme Dich - St. Matthew Passion

*** IV. Allegro Molto, Quartet In G Minor, Op. 45 - Gabrielle Faure

*** Prelude No.1 - George Gershwin

he likes cello. as do i.
thanks... im going to a piazzolla concert in april...
and we play that piece (libertango) in our cello ensemble.... good idea

thanks mate

ps everyone should like cello!!! hehehehe

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
HSC
the Bach - Erbarme Dich - St. Matthew Passion has been arranged for " cello Ensemble" ( 12 cello's though don't know if you could get 12 cellos.... but it has a great cello 1 solo, and that would be another good idea for 'ensemble' :p :D

Abraxus

HSC
annastina said:
i kno how you feel ... i had 8th grade when i did year 11 music so it was pretty hectic. i also had a part time job so i couldnt practice that much, and in the end i ended up failing 8th grade. but i got a B+ for 7th grade so i failed mostly cause of poor time management. but i did some of my 8th grade pieces for my preliminary, so i was practicing the same piece for both school and the ameb, maybe you could do that too. you dont have to do something really hectic for your hsc, i did 5th-6th grade pieces for mine and ended up with a band 5, like i said on other threads its more than just technicality.

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
demosthenes said:
lol im doing 'In Search of Ecstasy' by Matthew Hindson for Alto sax
its good, i like it :) lot of funny techniques in it. :D

i also play the (far superior) alto sax :p but im doing a tenor piece for my extension music.. Definsado (sp) by Stan Getz.... i just need to borrow a tenor for it that all :p:D

annastina

HSC
i have a friend who is doind her Amus A on violin... if anyone could think of a good piece for ensemble and for the others too... would be much appreciated...

Ciao

brassedoff

HSC
If you need a trumpet, I'll play
and I don't know if you know Ben, but he's just moved to Coffs from Melbourne, I believe... he could too I guess. *doubts the likelihood that you'll play a piece needing 2 trumpets*

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
brassedoff said:
If you need a trumpet, I'll play
and I don't know if you know Ben, but he's just moved to Coffs from Melbourne, I believe... he could too I guess. *doubts the likelihood that you'll play a piece needing 2 trumpets*
trumpet geek is available too

HSC
annastina said:
heya

its definitly too late to change now, but Villa Lobos wrote some really good stuf for cello, ensembels, cello with classical guitar.

his style is sort of modern romantic, writes about/influenced by brazil/nature etc. His etudes are standard for Con guitar studies.

ne way...

jojoguo

the brahms and mendohlsonn trios r nice... pick a good 1 there and u could have a winnah! :) p.e i cant spell poor old felix' name properly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)