extension speaking exam argh! (1 Viewer)

omg_a

HSC
i had my final ext. assessment today, it was a speaking, and it was really awful. well, my teacher said i did fine, but i totally freaked out coz i had said all i had notes on, but felt like i'd only been speaking for 30 seconds, so i tried to ad-lib......in reality, i think i probably had spoken for longer, but it totally freaked me out. i just have no concept of time. does anyone know if we can take stopwatches into the exam on saturday??? and am i the only one who thinks 10 minutes is soo not enough time????

ally86f

novice
HSC
funny, just before our trial exam our total BITCH of a head teacher disallowed stopwatches, which i was relying on to have any sense of how much id said.
so i spoke for 1 1/2 minutes on each topic.. fucking awesome
im hoping to take in a watch of sorts and just try and keep an eye on the second hand

out of interest, what were your questions?

chepas

HSC
Yes!!! It's so hard to time how much time we give to tinking of the questions in that 10 minutes, so yeah I desperately need a stop watch. And yes!!! 10 minutes is sooo NOT enough time DU TOUT.

In process of changing venue for Sat (yes, good move, inthe week before it takes place). Phoned BOS - they said that I need to send a fax to some guy there. Sent fax to some guy there, he faxes back saying 'You need a teacher to verify this, you can't do it yourself'. "But the woman I spoke to said I c-.." so yes source of stress is to be had dealing with bureaucracy

1.5 mins, thats cool...

Question from NAFT 04 Trial:

"L'égalité entre les sexes n'éxiste qu'en théorie. Etes-vous d'accord?" / "Equality between sexes existly only in theory. Do you agree?'"

omg_a

HSC
i talked to my teacher today, and she said i did 2 and a half minutes on each. which was good, but by the time i'd had the 'ah, its only been 30 seconds thought' the panic had hit, so that wasn't fun. the three questions were:
(can't find the french)
20% of the worlds population has most of its wealth. Discuss.
Religious values can lead to conflicut in the world today. Do you agree.
In your opinion, what is happiness?

i did the first and the last, in retrospect, i should have done the second one, not the last one, but oh well. haven't got the marks back yet though. fingers crossed.

oh and my teacher also said she doesn't want me to use a stopwatch coz she thinks that will make me panic more, a watch is okay, but to just realise how much notes will equal two minutes. ie even my sparse notes yesterday were actually enough.

chepas

HSC
The religious one seemed allright, but the other two!!! My goodness gracious me. Nice marks.

But for gods sake, 'what is happiness'... let's pray we will have sane questions this weekend!

omg_a

HSC
OH MY GOD I'M SO GLAD IT'S OVER!!! huge 'phew' !! although, i have to say, the questions totally freaked me out. Not at all what i expected, way harder than the past couple of years. and the religious one was extremely specific.......i thought it would be vague and you would just bring it up. but no.

i did the religious one, and the adapting to a changing world vs uni degree.

i think i did okay, but most of what i'd been preparing had absolutely nothing to do with the questions, very unhelpful. after i got over my mindblank at the questions, it was not too bad. and i didn't stress about time, i was at a bout 2.5 mins each so that was a relief. yay!!!!! two exams down..........eight to go........!!

chepas

HSC
omg_a said:
OH MY GOD I'M SO GLAD IT'S OVER!!! huge 'phew' !!
YES!!!! OMG. ON DOIT PLUS JAMAIS LE PARLER!!!!

How good is it..

But how mmmm were the questions! I did the "Il faut suivre les règles" one and the religious one. I was praying for something about that interdiction du port du voile thing, I love talking about it cos it's easy! Plus it's all over the news (French at least..) lately so there was a lot of fodder.

I looked at the uni and change question and I just thought to myself WTF!!! I mean, good on you for doing it omg, I mean, how could you compare someting like 'the ability to adapt/change' with a 'uni degree'... come on, two completely different schools of thought!

I did Qeustion 2 (religious one) first, then the Q1 first. i totally screwed question one at the end, I couldn't stop crapping on then died in a corner.

I am also very thankful for examiners that put on the happy face and remind you that breathing is mandatory for life. I went in to do the test and she said I looked as white as a sheep.

BUT YAY C'EST FINI!!!! Je peux pas arriver a` y croire...

kelboo

HSC
Sooo... every1 was as white as a sheep, not jus me ;)

How could you not go on bout the uni one???!!??! Celui l*: le question 3, c'était le choix le plus simple pour parler sans cesse pendant une demi-heure!!!
I thought it was kinda fun :uhhuh: we'll never get another chance to do something like that ever again... well i won't anyway, after all i'm not goin 2 uni (haha and as if we all couldn't tell).
:eek:

chepas

HSC
What the? Is it just me that thought it was so incessantly stupid, that question? I mean, coping with changing, an emotion, with a university degree, a physical thing!!! The question might as well ahve been "It is better to be able to cope with change than eat a Mars bar/buy a fur coat/draw a picture. Do you agree?"!!!! Soooo stinking random!

For me it would have been wasting the argument on defining what was what before arguing on it, I mean, if we had more than 2 to 3 minutes we could go on about, probably fine, but not in this situation where we have barely 10 minutes to formulate a good thesis, argue it, and finish - Not to mention two - so that question I reckon would have just been really a sucker-away of time, in wasting it by thinking too much! Anyway. The first question was the easiest I reckon, plus the one about the signes religieux ostensibles.

!!!!!

In awe and admiration at those who did question 3,
Chépas :D.

omg_a

HSC
well i thought q1 was impossible!! obeying its rules!! i saw that and thought of you know, looking like friends, liking the same things, but my friend who did that one saw it on this huge society scale, and talked about exclusion in a poverty stricken country where you didn't have to obey the rules, but in rich countries you do.....very confusing.

for the third........i said you have to be able to change and adapt in life espesh with changing world, comm, technology etc, so having a university degree is a way of doing that...a way of being able to adapt to a changing job market. in retrospect, even i can't follow my logic.

ah well.

chepas

HSC
Mmmm. I see....

Retrospect and hindsight are horrible. It is there where we find the answers, thus going 'ARGH I DIED IN THE REAL THING'... :p

All I did in Q1 was give examples like in to be part of a group you have to follow the rules... groups I took to be anything, I talked about belonging part of a team in a sport, like soccer, and if we don't follow the rules we get a carte jaune/rouge. Also that if people don't follow the rules, things start to follow apart. My second example was so broad and the more I think about it, was so crap and stodgy. It was that we as citizens in a coutnry are a 'group' that has to follow that country's laws... if not anarchy and chaos would reign supreme...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)