Extension subjects + ranks (1 Viewer)

sly_skittle

HSC
"Please note that students undertaking extension courses are ranked with the 2 unit class on the 2 unit course. This means that a student who comes first in the 2 unit class may not necessarily be ranked first in the course, as he/she is being compared with those students undertaking both the 2 unit and the extension course."

Does this mean that people who do extension courses get extra marks in the 2 unit course?

Because I was the only person from ancient who did extension history and got a high mark in it, should my rank go up?
I was only 2% behind the top two people and they both dropped out of extension?

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
For 2u maths, you are compared to people who also do extension 1.

Asheroth

Paranoid Android
HSC
I think what that's getting at is that your rank in 2u maths may have been reported to you by your school as ONLY including those who do 2u maths and not Extension 1. The Board includes Ext 1 students in the ranks. It's to stop you from getting alarmed when your 2u rank is crappier than you thought it was.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
ohhh ok. so is that maybe why my english rank is higher than i thought it would be? i do ext 1, and ended up ranked 2nd for adv (soooo unexpected, let me tell u).

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
What? That is totally depressing.

I just dropped English Extension this year. What happens if I manage to come 1st in English Adv.? Will I not necessarily be first? If so, doesn't that seem a bit unfair? :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)