Extension two english to do or not to do? (1 Viewer)

staka_xx

HSC
Hello all,

So I'm thinking of doing extension two and like doing a script but like I wanted peoples thoughts on if its a good thing to be taking up.

I wrote a few pages up of a script for drama and showed it to a few different people and they were all like I've got real talent and stuff but the thing is if I take it up I'm most likely going to drop design and technology which my etachers saying I'm really good at and I'm coming second in and I really don't know what to do.

All I really want is advice or and opinion or something.

RedCrimsonFlame

HSC
Why do you need to drop something for it? It's one of the most 'unchained' subjects, and all you 'really' need to do is 1 assessment (+ small ones which can be easily pulled off the night before :p)

It's a really fun course, it was my most favourite subject and never regretted doing it.

Last edited:

staka_xx

HSC
umm, coz I kind of want only 10 units and I'm also doing drama so if I have both then I'm going to have 3 mp's.

stleonard

HSC
Well.

If you're really quite confident with Design and Technology, and you don't want three major works, and you want ten units, I wouldn't drop Design and Technology to do English Extension Two.

How good are you at English Advanced and English Extension? Do you think you will be able to work consistently and independently for a year? Do you really want to drop Design and Technology?

I guess you'd have to ask yourself these questions before you make a decision.

But, from what I can see...I probably wouldn't take it up if I were you. If you are confident with 10 units, and enjoy Design and Technology, I wouldn't drop it.

Personally, I find Extension 2 fun, and not too difficult if you just work consistently. But it is up to you.

random-1005

Banned
HSC
Hello all,
So I'm thinking of doing extension two and like doing a script but like I wanted peoples thoughts on if its a good thing to be taking up.

I wrote a few pages up of a script for drama and showed it to a few different people and they were all like I've got real talent and stuff but the thing is if I take it up I'm most likely going to drop design and technology which my etachers saying I'm really good at and I'm coming second in and I really don't know what to do.

All I really want is advice or and opinion or something.
thats a nice pun in the thread name :p, you will get 100%

staka_xx

HSC
I've spoken to some teachers and I'm thinking of taking it up and keeping d&t and dropping one if it gets a bit too much.

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah, don't drop d&t straight away because you're not going to know how you'll feel about the course for a while.

I had a few scripts in my MW and it was a really rewarding medium to write in. I probably liked it more than the short story medium in the end.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)