External subjects (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I doubt if anyone knows the answer to this, but I'll just ask anyway.

How difficult is it to do subjects externally?

I'm thinking, that if I have a clash between cores and electives, 3 of my subjects can be taken externally, so I might have to do atleast one subject externally. But I don't want to do it, if its going to be really hard.

Hopefully though, there will be no clashes so I won't have to do anything externally. Id probably choose an elective to do externally though, can't stuff my cores up, because they are needed in second semester.

klh

HSC
what do you mean by hard....
teh process goes like this:
1. if you do see a clash, find the uni site that you would liek to enrol into and fnid the unit and its outline that are identical so you can claim as credit, or as an elective that is not offered in UWS
2. go to your coordinater for approval by giving the info you have sought out at the uni you wish to go to's website
3. apply to the uni [this im not sure if you do directly or UAC but i think its the former.

if you want any more info, call the UWS hotline and ask and if they dont give you a straight answer, call again as sometimes some people dont know squat...

more info i found on the UWS website: Cross Institutional Stdy
thats all i know of....
hope it helps.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Sorry, I didn't mean cross institutional study.

I meant subjects run through webct. For example, I really want to do environmental health law, and if it clashes, I'll be forced to do it externally.

Teaching Periods
Period Offered Campus
2006 Autumn Yes HAWKESBURY CAMPUS - (EXTERNAL)
2006 Autumn Yes HAWKESBURY CAMPUS - (DAY)
2005 Autumn Yes HAWKESBURY CAMPUS - (EXTERNAL)
2005 Autumn Yes HAWKESBURY CAMPUS - (DAY)
By hard, I meant if by not going to lectures every single week, would it be difficult to understand the concepts.

klh

HSC
oh...i thought that external, this is distance by this meaning? is that you have to be a certain distance away not to be able to ge to the uni that allows you to enrol in external [distacne] study. but i may be wrong, i dunno if external = distance...
hard? well it depends on if the subject relies on its theories form the book or is more of a wishy washy subject i guess. but you are supposed ot get support like online lecture notes and tips and regular communication with someone for get info, clarify assignments etc.
i think its best to ask your coordinater or the student hotline...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Well, I live more than 100km from the Hawkesbury campus anyway.

We were offered as internal students for landuse and the environment this semester, to undertake it externally.

Thanks though :) I'll just wait until timetables are finalised to decide if I should do them externally, if need be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)