• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

External Transfer to Law? (1 Viewer)

shogo64

HSC
Hey everyone :)

I was wondering if I was doing say, Commerce at UNSW, could I appy for external transfer into Usyd Law? Or would I have to be doing a law degree at another uni?

And if it was possible, what would happen to the commerce degree once I transfered? Would I be doing comm/law at usyd?

Thank you :)

izzy88

HSC
Hey everyone :)

I was wondering if I was doing say, Commerce at UNSW, could I appy for external transfer into Usyd Law? Or would I have to be doing a law degree at another uni?

And if it was possible, what would happen to the commerce degree once I transfered? Would I be doing comm/law at usyd?

Thank you :)
You can't transfer to just a law degree - you have to transfer to a combined degree. If you were doing commerce at UNSW, I guess you would then apply for transfer to Commerce/Law degree at usyd. Although theoretically you could transfer to any combined degree i think eg. Arts/Law, but its unlikely you would get credit for anything, so I wouldn't advise it! You don't have to be doing a law degree at another uni.

If you got accepted, you would then apply to commerce faculty to get credit for your commerce subjects you completed at UNSW, so hopefully you wouldn't be behind at all. You then enter Comm/Law second year, catch up on first year law subjects - by the end of third year you should be at same point as everybody else (ie. shouldn't take any extra time).

As a random question though - if you were doing commerce at UNSW - why would you transfer to USYD commerce/law? You could always just do commerce at usyd and then transfer to usyd commerce/law - or visa versa eg. stay at unsw and transfer to comm/law there... any particular reason for the uni switch? (not that it makes any difference to usyd transfers whether you are already at usyd or not, just a query).

shogo64

HSC
Wow very late reply, only saw this now. Haha I was only considering the cross uni switch as a secondary option if I didnt get the internal transfer. But thank you so much for the help, it was very helpful.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I would think that internal transfer is easier since they set around 100 reserve spots, after 1st year.

shogo64

HSC
I have heard UNSW reserves around that many, but Usyd doesn't seem to release that kind of information. Do you think they would have around 100 spots as well?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)