extra subjects after HSC? (1 Viewer)

shonopono

I was wondering if it’s possible to do a new subject such as engineering studies next year (school didn’t offer the course). Is it necessary to complete the preliminary course to be able to do the HSC course? Where can you repeat HSC courses after school?

HSC
as far as I know you can do some (or all) HSC subjects at tafe and get your UAI recalculated, thats what my aunty cousin did and he went from 82 to 96, he had flunked english

Danni07

happy little vegemite
HSC
shonopono said:
I was wondering if it’s possible to do a new subject such as engineering studies next year (school didn’t offer the course). Is it necessary to complete the preliminary course to be able to do the HSC course? Where can you repeat HSC courses after school?
Would you like to do the course purely out of interest, or will you need the knowledge for the further study you wish to persue? If you're just interested in it, you could enroll in a TAFE course as suggested above, or you could always just teach yourself the course, using a text and summaries. For the latter, there are bridging courses are available, however I'm not entirely sure if engineering studies would be provided for, but it's something you could look into.

EDIT: depending on the reason as to why you want to study the course, the preliminary course may or may not be neccessary. If you wish to have it 'count' towards your HSC you will definitly have to complete the preliminary course, however even if you're studying it out of interest, it helps in almost every subject to have a basic grasp of the preliminary course as it may be needed to understand the more difficult concepts of the HSC course.

Last edited:

shonopono

Yes I want it to count for my HSC. I want to go to uni and doing engineering studies and extension math next year would help me get in.
Would it be possible to do the preliminary and final course in 1 year?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Yes it would. Click on the TAFE link in my sig:)

shonopono

you said you didnt post all the subjects offered, do you know if tafe offers engineering studies?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
OTEN might(they start up new subjects every year or so), or you could do it with an external tutor.:)

HSC
Subjects like extension 2 maths unless you are a calculator is a little hard to figure out on your own

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)