Extras (1 Viewer)

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
New show from BBC to come on Channel 2 last nite

Main actor is Ricky Gervais (from the Office)
and last nites episode starred Ben Stiller

pretty damn funny.. very similar to THE OFFICE

dead cactus

captain tightpants
HSC
yeah i quited liked the opening epsiode, and if rumour is to be trusted then it was one of the weaker ones for the season, so bring it on! you've gotta love ben stiller, say what you will about him, he's willing to take the piss out of himself!

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Missed the start...and kinda lost the plot, and cbfed watching.
Will check it next week.

HSC
it was funny. not as good as the office (just yet)... will have to wait for the series to continue though to fully judge. ricky gervais was just so conceded as david brent - that is hard to outdo. his character in the extras is more normal. plus the office had some great supports and in this show they only have that one girl.

ben stiller was good taking the piss out of himself but i always find that he attaches himself to who's hot to get laughs eg. jack johnson, this, numerous movies.

bustinjustin

HSC
It's hard to not compare it to the Office. Didn't find myself instantly warming to any of the characters like I did with the Office, though I guess it is very early days. Anyone feel the same?

tzncz

not quite here
HSC
i watched my first episode of 'extras' last night, the one with kate winslet, it was hilarious! i wish i had watched the earlier episodes. were they better, or not as good?

Pilgrim

HSC
Ive got season 1 on dvd, the show is sick. haha its not as good as the office, but i dont think you can really compare em.

The best line is when he argues with Ben Stiller

Ben Stiller: Do you know who I am?
Ricky Gervais: Either Starsky or Hutch, I can never remember
Ben Stiller: Was that suppossed to be funny?
Ricky Gervais: You tell me, you were in it.

Its pretty good, in the upcoming shows are samual L jackson, and the dude who plays proffessor x in xmen.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
last nites episode with kate winslett was hilarious.. definetly the best so far

turtleface

HSC
pilgrim said:
The best line is when he argues with Ben Stiller

Ben Stiller: Do you know who I am?
Ricky Gervais: Either Starsky or Hutch, I can never remember
Ben Stiller: Was that suppossed to be funny?
Ricky Gervais: You tell me, you were in it.
LOL

Its pretty good, in the upcoming shows are samual L jackson, and the dude who plays proffessor x in xmen.
my man patrick stewart!

bustinjustin

HSC
tzncz said:
i watched my first episode of 'extras' last night, the one with kate winslet, it was hilarious! i wish i had watched the earlier episodes. were they better, or not as good?
hell no, kate winslet rocked as the guest star, and ricky was great at that bible class. Cringe worthy all around, but I still don't feel anything for these characters, they're horrible, damn funny, but horrible people.

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
I downloaded all the episodes, and I do love Maggie but she can't hold a candle to Dawn. :)

Good show though. They've just finished filming season 2 aswell, they were talking about it on the new podcast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)