Extremely Worried. (1 Viewer)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
To OP,
I think the best thing you should do is to strive to maximise your internal rank, remember as long as you are ranked first, no one in your cohort can drag you down-provided you also perform well in the external HSC exam, and it seems it would be an achievable task for you to strive to be ranked first since by your description of your Geography class, no one seems to be doing much work. Just focus on transforming all disadvantages into advantages for yourself-i.e. the fact that the rest of your class are not super motivated can enable any one to work hard to more easily to get higher marks and ranks than would be the case if they were all motivated. Focus on yourself, strive to achieve your subject goals, ask questions whenever you don't understand and you will come to ENJOY and EXCEL in the subject-no matter what cohort you are in. Remember, don't just ask your Geography teacher questions, if there are other Geography teachers in your school, don't be afraid to ask them for help as well-use your resources well and you will be a winner:)

long story short. u establish a false fascade that you don't do any work, but in actuality you are working your ass off. this creates a false sense of security for your peers, and hence while they are lazy, you can thus establish a competitive advantage so that you can rank 1 internals.
Some of the best performing students in my high school do exactly this. However, perhaps, to a lesser extent to this hypothetical situation being described, instead of creating a false façade that they don't do any work, they create a false façade that they do very little work, and that the work they do is minimal for them to pass the subject-this helps to make the façade more realistic rather than claiming they don't do any work at all.

Last edited:

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
This is how I helped a kid in my grade.

He was always sad, so I gave him a level 30 league of legends account with everything unlocked.

He basically went from aspiring lawyer, to fast-tracking his way into TAFE and starting his "engineering" course.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
You wanna hear a good cramming story. Ok. Setting the scene. Its the last week of HSC exam block, I have 2 exams within 3 days. Biology (monday) and geography (wednesday). Knowing that my internals were crap, I chose to neglect geography and gun for a good bio mark (doing 12 units, so geo wouldn't count). So prior to the biology exam (ie for the past 7 weeks) I had done no geography study. come Tuesday, the day before my geo exam, I knew I couldn't cram in 1 year of the course within a one day period. Within the geography syllabus there are 3 topics, all of which I neglected to study that day. I instead decided to wing the exam, and memorise two essays for the hsc extended response section, which I predicted would be the question. so essentially each essay covered 1 dotpoint from two of the 3 topics, and hence at this given time I only had knowledge of around about 3% of the whole geo course. after several hours of rinse and repeat memorisation I had fully remembered these two 20/20 essays word for word. but other than that I was screwed for the rest of the paper. come the day of the exam. during reading time, I first flicked to the back of the paper. and guess what, the questions I predicted and memeorised for, were not the questions. I begin muttering swear words underneath my breath and I am full face palming right now. so when I saw these different extended response questions I knew I was mega fked. and on top of this, I knew nothing about the other content within the paper, as the only study I did was remember two essays for two specific dot points. and so. basically I neglected the questions in the extended response and spilled out the two essays I remembered even tho they didn't answer the question and were on entirely different dotpoints. and further more for the short response questions, as I didn't know the content I had to make up utter bullshit. and so, I came out of the exam thinking I would have gotten a mystery mark equivalent <30. come day of hsc results, I got 89 hsc mark.
snake

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
You wanna hear a good cramming story. Ok. Setting the scene. Its the last week of HSC exam block, I have 2 exams within 3 days. Biology (monday) and geography (wednesday). Knowing that my internals were crap, I chose to neglect geography and gun for a good bio mark (doing 12 units, so geo wouldn't count). So prior to the biology exam (ie for the past 7 weeks) I had done no geography study. come Tuesday, the day before my geo exam, I knew I couldn't cram in 1 year of the course within a one day period. Within the geography syllabus there are 3 topics, all of which I neglected to study that day. I instead decided to wing the exam, and memorise two essays for the hsc extended response section, which I predicted would be the question. so essentially each essay covered 1 dotpoint from two of the 3 topics, and hence at this given time I only had knowledge of around about 3% of the whole geo course. after several hours of rinse and repeat memorisation I had fully remembered these two 20/20 essays word for word. but other than that I was screwed for the rest of the paper. come the day of the exam. during reading time, I first flicked to the back of the paper. and guess what, the questions I predicted and memeorised for, were not the questions. I begin muttering swear words underneath my breath and I am full face palming right now. so when I saw these different extended response questions I knew I was mega fked. and on top of this, I knew nothing about the other content within the paper, as the only study I did was remember two essays for two specific dot points. and so. basically I neglected the questions in the extended response and spilled out the two essays I remembered even tho they didn't answer the question and were on entirely different dotpoints. and further more for the short response questions, as I didn't know the content I had to make up utter bullshit. and so, I came out of the exam thinking I would have gotten a mystery mark equivalent <30. come day of hsc results, I got 89 hsc mark.
I did this for my ancient exam and had a similar outcome. I honestly thought I had failed hardcore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)