EY Game Changers Club (1 Viewer)

killerbug

HSC
The main issue is cost. I work in HR at a major organisation and I've read through some of the internal reporting on graduate programs and other student initiatives and they represent a massive cost to the business. The expense that goes into recruiting and training graduates/students added to the fact that they are often limited in what they can do reduces its viability for many organisations. Investing money into graduates/students is something which only pays off long term if the students progress to managers/leaders within the organisation. But if they leave after spending only a few years with the company, then the organisation pretty much loses out on its investment. So it's really a big risk, which is why these programs are rare. All of this stuff adds up to a super competitive graduate/student market.

I'm speculating here, but the Big 4 mainly do it because they can afford it and a large part of their business model is based on developing talent from the ground up.
Wow didn't know this either...

Tegan117

HSC
The lady who spoke to me on the phone said emails would be going out early next week, so keep an eye out on Monday and Tuesday.

dyjs

HSC
hey guys can you please share insight on how game changers was for you last year? how many people do they choose? also how many events and what kinds of events are there?

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
It sucks when I can't apply for it. Since I am doing a double degree and graduating in 2019.

EY game changers want individuals who are graduating 2017/2018..

but just saw deloitte, that I could apply next when I am doing my 2nd year in my 4 year degree.

Well congrats who ever got in !, I heard you could go pretty big with these events. I knew a guy in UTS who got a graduate role because he attended Game Changers

Last edited:

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
It sucks when I can't apply for it. Since I am doing a double degree and graduating in 2019.

EY game changers want individuals who are graduating 2017/2018..

but just saw deloitte, that I could apply next when I am doing my 2nd year in my 4 year degree.

Well congrats who ever got in !, I heard you could go pretty big with these events. I knew a guy in UTS who got a graduate role because he attended Game Changers
Aren't you doing bus/IT? I thought that was 4 years? If that was the case you would be graduating in 2018.

That's a bit extreme, I assume he presented himself well at the career compass program, which is more of a development program than Game Changers.

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
Aren't you doing bus/IT? I thought that was 4 years? If that was the case you would be graduating in 2018.

That's a bit extreme, I assume he presented himself well at the career compass program, which is more of a development program than Game Changers.
nah he told me at the game changers..

shit yea, graduating at 2018 #derped. Nah, right now I am confused on what I would like to do tbh. I am going to give this degree a year and see what happens.

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
Ahhh i dunno, maybe. But the game changers is pretty much the fast track to career compass, and from there into vaccy positions if ure good.
idk then, maybe he lied or whatever.

I clearly remember because he told to join Game Changers next year.

dyjs

HSC
so for the people who have been in the game changers club. what was the experience like and how many people did they pick last year?

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Got accepted into GameChangers

Keen to see what opportunities this opens up for me

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
When I did it - it consisted of 3 nights of workshops/networking with HR, grad and partners. It's a great opportunity to get yourself known to HR and partners whom will ultimately be hiring you. Also, the program really helps you develop a more global outlook and really understanding the global issues affecting the firm and the specific service lines. Pretty neat stuff to know when it comes to a vacationer/graduate interview as they do ask technical questions. Also don't forget to apply for the Career Compass program (more difficult to get into) which is after the Game Changers one because at the end of that program you might be fast tracked to an AC and partner interview for a vacationer job. Oh and you do get freebies haha

As per someone's question - how many do they accept? It was like 60 people out of 700 or so applicants?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)