Eye-testing and driving (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
A strange question I know, but I was wondering how often you should get your eyes tested once you get your L's.

I have crappy eyesight, and I'm convinced that its got worse since I got my L's, but I only need to wear my glasses when driving. My parents told me to get my eyes checked every 2 years - but this seems like a long time.

Would anyone know how often you should get them checked or the time spand between getting them checked.

Thanks.

HSC
i would get them checked every 6 months
...although my eyesight did get worse after 3 months :eek:

its probably different for everyone

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
Generally speaking, people with myopia (short-sightedness) should get their eyes checked every 12 months. That said, I haven't had mine checked in about 18, but my myopia is rather mild.

I did my driving eyesight test with glasses, and the RTA guy said he'd put wearing corrective lenses as a condition on my licence. When I got the licence, however, he'd apparently forgot, as no such condition exists on the back. Regardless, I'd never drive without them, especially at night.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Cape said:
A strange question I know, but I was wondering how often you should get your eyes tested once you get your L's.

I have crappy eyesight, and I'm convinced that its got worse since I got my L's, but I only need to wear my glasses when driving. My parents told me to get my eyes checked every 2 years - but this seems like a long time.

Would anyone know how often you should get them checked or the time spand between getting them checked.

Thanks.
I got my eye's checked at OPSM yesterday and im shortsighted(myopia) he told me i should come back once every year Or when i notice a change in my eyesight. "Cape" you should get your eye's checked immediately!!!

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I have light myopia but I go to the optometrist once a year and check up, because my eyesight hasn't changed very much at all so that amount of time is fine for me. If you're noticing significant changes to your eyesight and it's getting blurry a little bit at all, go see your optom straight away.

CieL

HSC
Cape said:
Would anyone know how often you should get them checked or the time spand between getting them checked..
lol whenever you need to!

if you feel your eyesight is getting worse and is concerned about it, just get it checked out

or you could like, print an eyetest chart out and stick it on one side of your room.. then test yourself every so often although this is not a clear indication of the degree of your myopia

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
ToO LaZy ^* said:
myopia + size 1 font = :confused: :confused:

got logic?....?

:)
Actually...people with myopia see things close to them (such as a PC monitor) in SHARPER focus than someone with 20/20 vision - pretty much the only perk of being short-sighted.

It's the distance vision that requires correction.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
c_james said:
Actually...people with myopia see things close to them (such as a PC monitor) in SHARPER focus than someone with 20/20 vision - pretty much the only perk of being short-sighted.

It's the distance vision that requires correction.
Normally the distance from the monitor is too far for myopia to come in with sharper focus. Unless you stick your nose at it.

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
Templar said:
Normally the distance from the monitor is too far for myopia to come in with sharper focus. Unless you stick your nose at it.
I guess it depends on the severity of the myopia then. I'd guess I'm about 30-40cm away from mine and I see it quite clearly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)