F.e.a.r (1 Viewer)

Collin

HSC
N/A
hipPo3 said:
Hahaha .. my bro bought F.E.A.R directors edition ... apparently it costs the same price as the orignal now o.0

anywho, fear pwns .. the fact that you can sidekick enemies is awesome, and the bulet mode makes it twice as fun when throwing grens and watching the enemies pop.
Yeah it is, when I went and bought it, twas the same price. The stuff on it is great.. well if you're a F.E.A.R fan. P.A.N.I.C.S is funny stuff.. and the making of the game aswell as the commentaries are really interesting.

Grenades are so much fun.. in alot of FPS I tend to ignore it, but it's really a good tactical tool here. Always aim straight for them if possible, they pop upon impact.. and it's just so satisfying seeing them explode in a cloud of blood. The kung-fu and Reflex ability in this game is quite innovative in my opinion. Slo-mo has been done before, sure.. but in this game it's integrated so well.

Not-That-Bright said:
I'm waiting for Civilization IV to come to Aus :eek:
1. Civ IV is great. Read the reviews on Gamespot and IGN? 9.4, that's a fantastic score. I loved Civ III, and I didn't expect them to better it for this.. (infact I was quite pessimistic about the 3D engine but it ended up good). '

2. Please take the Civ discussions here.. this is the F.E.A.R thread.
http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=90721

pinkelephant

HSC
N/A
JKDDragon said:
Yeah it is, when I went and bought it, twas the same price. The stuff on it is great.. well if you're a F.E.A.R fan. P.A.N.I.C.S is funny stuff.. and the making of the game aswell as the commentaries are really interesting.
What's P.A.N.I.C.S.?

JKDDragon said:
1. Civ IV is great. Read the reviews on Gamespot and IGN? 9.4, that's a fantastic score. I loved Civ III, and I didn't expect them to better it for this.. (infact I was quite pessimistic about the 3D engine but it ended up good). '

2. Please take the Civ discussions here.. this is the F.E.A.R thread.
http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=90721
hehe, sorry... :p :uhhuh:

Collin

HSC
N/A
Oh, P.A.N.I.C.S hehe. It's basically a sort of parody on the game. The plot of F.E.A.R basically starts with a telepathic supersoldier called Paxton Fettel going mad and taking control of 1,000 clone supersoldiers called Replicas (for obvious reasons). He's got his own 'objectives'.. involving that scary girl, may I add.. but for reasons of spoilerism (sp?) I'm not gonna disclose any further information. You, the player is a new recruit of the super elite First Encounter Assault Recon squad (F.E.A.R).. sent to neutralise Fettel. Basically in P.A.N.I.C.S, there are a bunch of soldiers (eithre F.E.A.R soldiers or Delta squad.. forgot), and they're sent to investigate the Armacham complex (a corporate complex in the game). But the premise is they're all idiots.. and they just argue back and forth about really stupid things. You've gotta actually watch it to see what I mean, I thought it was pretty funny.
Oh, you better get the game.. I want more people to talk about this game with ;)

pinkelephant

HSC
N/A
JKDDragon said:
Oh, P.A.N.I.C.S hehe. It's basically a sort of parody on the game. The plot of F.E.A.R basically starts with a telepathic supersoldier called Paxton Fettel going mad and taking control of 1,000 clone supersoldiers called Replicas (for obvious reasons). He's got his own 'objectives'.. involving that scary girl, may I add.. but for reasons of spoilerism (sp?) I'm not gonna disclose any further information. You, the player is a new recruit of the super elite First Encounter Assault Recon squad (F.E.A.R).. sent to neutralise Fettel. Basically in P.A.N.I.C.S, there are a bunch of soldiers (eithre F.E.A.R soldiers or Delta squad.. forgot), and they're sent to investigate the Armacham complex (a corporate complex in the game). But the premise is they're all idiots.. and they just argue back and forth about really stupid things. You've gotta actually watch it to see what I mean, I thought it was pretty funny.
Oh, you better get the game.. I want more people to talk about this game with ;)
I will get it, for sure. I'll see if I can get out tomorrow.

Sounds hilarious

pinkelephant

HSC
N/A
Errr, I couldn't get it!!!

Makes me cry...

But I will when I get the time. Bloody assignments.

How long has it been out?

Collin

HSC
N/A
It's fairly new. It's one of those games where intrigue is built around the plot. If you wait too long then lots of people would have already finished it and it may become inevitable to stay spoiler-free.

pinkelephant

HSC
N/A
JKDDragon said:
It's fairly new. It's one of those games where intrigue is built around the plot. If you wait too long then lots of people would have already finished it and it may become inevitable to stay spoiler-free.
I'm not really one of those people who are phased by spoilers. They don't ruin my game experience. Same with movies and books.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
i was looking at the requirements for this game and it says 3 Ghz 256 MB Radeon and 1 Ghz of Kingston Ram is recommended o_O

hipPo3

HSC
Unfortunately it laggs on my comp :( (it laggs even more with turning down all graphics to minimum)

maybe because my shit FX5500 is shithouse. :(

Demandred

HSC
I just finished the game. Anyone seen the ending ? @#%$##^%$@#$#@$

I agree with a lot of people here that this is one of the scarist games I've seen, the only ones that comes close are the AvP series and Doom 3. The scary parts are almost instantaneous, though you get some warning, it appears out of no where... I first played it at around midnight, lights out, 5 mins in the game, I get zombie's head in my screen for a split second... FUCK@#$#@.... or the moment when you hope down the ladder and see Jackowski's (sp?) head.

I guess what really makes this so scary was that you can't do anything about it... in AvP series, you get some warning - aliens constantly screaming and the motion detector, and not to mention the fact that you can blow their brains out. Same thing with doom, except that they teleport themselves in and gives out fair amount of warning. Spookiest part of the game is when everything is too quite... sometimes you're expecting something to scare the crap out of you, but it never happens. And when it does...

Believe it or not, I found this game more smoother than HL2.

P.S sorry to resurrect this thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)