F-r-i-e-n-d-s (1 Viewer)

Fry

Merethrond said:
I have never really watched this show but I might start next season. Is David Spade going to still be in it though, since he is now on "8 Simple Rules... for Dating My Teenage Daughter":)?
yes, he is still gonna be in it. the show actually wrapped up in April 2003 and he started doing 8 Simple Rules earlier this year. man, how far behind are we?

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Fry said:
yes, he is still gonna be in it. the show actually wrapped up in April 2003 and he started doing 8 Simple Rules earlier this year. man, how far behind are we?
A long way. I hate Australia:(.

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
Sigh...Just for you mo'fo's I made some calls and emails regarding this :)

WILL & GRACE, Season 6- Channel 7 will play new episodes later in the year, after the olympics. Will definitely air, meaning Will & Grace will have been off-air for an entire year.

ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT, Season 1- Channel 7 have the rights to this, and they are looking at playing the whole season later in the year, or next year. I actually expect this to play in non-ratings over Christmas, but I could be wrong. I got the impression that they didn't know what to do with it - the lady in programming didn't even know that channel 7 had the rights to it! Aargh! Anyway, this is the show that won OUTSTANDING COMEDY SERIES at the Emmys, so that may help.

CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM, seasons 3 & 4 - Channel 9 has bought both, but they are yet to be classified. (Who knows how long this takes, though.) Expect it towards the end of the year, very late on Monday night like the last 2 seasons. This is a brilliant comedy that I love. Channel 9 Should air it soon, i hope.

FRASIER, seasons 10 and 11- Will be played weeknights after the olympics and will end towards the end of non-ratings. There will be about 2 and a half months of new episodes, then. Channel 9. About bloody time.

THE WEST WING, season 5- Channel 9 saved this for after the olympics - later in the year - to end at the same time as the above shows.

GILMORE GIRLS - Due to mediocre ratings, Channel 9 will show the rest of the season next year, off-ratings. Fucking Assholes.

Hope that helps you lot.

ryaneco

HSC
I will also be so sad when friends ends, it is one of the only decent sitcoms around these days.

I thought Just Shoot me had already finished here...oh well thats more laughter for me if its still to be aired.

Fraiser is one of the best sitcoms on television and here in wollongong we don't even get it at a decent time, it airs at like 11.30 - 12 down here and thats too late for a sitcom, i don't see why WIN can't pull one of the crappy reality programs and show Fraiser at say 7.30-8 8-8.30 on a weeknight.

Will and Grace lol channel 7 have been saying that forever, it won't come back till non-ratings over x-mas and the timeslots will change every week. Why does Australian tv do this to award winning shows, it really fucking shits me

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Silverstone said:
Sigh...Just for you mo'fo's I made some calls and emails regarding this :)
Are you going to become a Journalist or something? You are a wealth of knowledge:D.

Silverstone said:
ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT, Season 1- Channel 7 have the rights to this, and they are looking at playing the whole season later in the year, or next year. I actually expect this to play in non-ratings over Christmas, but I could be wrong. I got the impression that they didn't know what to do with it - the lady in programming didn't even know that channel 7 had the rights to it! Aargh! Anyway, this is the show that won OUTSTANDING COMEDY SERIES at the Emmys, so that may help.
I haven't heard about this. It sounds good though:).

Silverstone said:
CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM, seasons 3 & 4 - Channel 9 has bought both, but they are yet to be classified. (Who knows how long this takes, though.) Expect it towards the end of the year, very late on Monday night like the last 2 seasons. This is a brilliant comedy that I love. Channel 9 Should air it soon, i hope.
This too:).

Silverstone said:
FRASIER, seasons 10 and 11- Will be played weeknights after the olympics and will end towards the end of non-ratings. There will be about 2 and a half months of new episodes, then. Channel 9. About bloody time.
What do you mean by "non-ratings" and "off-ratings":)?

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
Thanks for the compliment :)

You have to watch 'Curb Your Enthusiasm'. Its a HBO series, loosely based on the life of Larry David - the less than happy, simple creator of Seinfeld. It stars him, and is also improvised. Its really great stuff.

Arrested Development I couldnt get into after seeing an episode, but its alright - and i should see some of the better (or even...just more) episodes before i pass judgement.

TV Seasons are decided also on the premise of Ratings. Ratings is the number of people who are more inclined to watch Television. So basically in the 'ratings' season - networks put their best shows so they get seen by more people, and it increases competition. Off Ratings, is when there are less people watching television (e.g. Autumn and Winter time, weirdly) and they decide to not show their best shows. This is also due to the fact that their best shows should be shown in ratings season, with more money being recieved for showing commercials. That sounds about right, hope i answered your question :)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Silverstone said:
Thanks for the compliment :)

You have to watch 'Curb Your Enthusiasm'. Its a HBO series, loosely based on the life of Larry David - the less than happy, simple creator of Seinfeld. It stars him, and is also improvised. Its really great stuff.

Arrested Development I couldnt get into after seeing an episode, but its alright - and i should see some of the better (or even...just more) episodes before i pass judgement.

TV Seasons are decided also on the premise of Ratings. Ratings is the number of people who are more inclined to watch Television. So basically in the 'ratings' season - networks put their best shows so they get seen by more people, and it increases competition. Off Ratings, is when there are less people watching television (e.g. Autumn and Winter time, weirdly) and they decide to not show their best shows. This is also due to the fact that their best shows should be shown in ratings season, with more money being recieved for showing commercials. That sounds about right, hope i answered your question :)
Yeah, I understand now. Thanks:).

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
Merethrond et al. Please direct your attn to the "Whats Wrong with Ch7" thread for two posts that you may find helpful in relation to this discussion.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Yay, friends is back on.

Agree with others about wait for ceratin shows to return (like West Wing).

New Series of Will & Grace is on Cable (Arena), Woohoo!

ryaneco

HSC
Actually, summer is an non-ratings period, from december to beginning of febuary is counted as non-ratings that why shows like Home and Away, neighbours, friends, etc go off at the end of november and shows like 8 simple rules, repeats of seinfeld, cheap reality shows, "specials" are aired during the non-ratings period, World Idol aired during non-ratings, it doesn't mean the shows are bad, it just means that OzTam the company that gather TV ratings don't count the amount of people watching an individual show, if you pick up the TV week during december you will notice that there is no top 10 tv ratings as usual this is because it is the off-season.

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
ryaneco said:
Actually, summer is an non-ratings period, from december to beginning of febuary is counted as non-ratings that why shows like Home and Away, neighbours, friends, etc go off at the end of november and shows like 8 simple rules, repeats of seinfeld, cheap reality shows, "specials" are aired during the non-ratings period, World Idol aired during non-ratings, it doesn't mean the shows are bad, it just means that OzTam the company that gather TV ratings don't count the amount of people watching an individual show, if you pick up the TV week during december you will notice that there is no top 10 tv ratings as usual this is because it is the off-season.

Summer gets lower ratings, but still higher ratings than winter and autumn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)