• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Faculty of Engineering Admissions Scheme (1 Viewer)

kelvinator124

HSC
is this scheme saying that if you achieve around 81 to 90 atar do they give you bonus points or wat?? and for the UAC do they award you bonus points for doing the subject associated with the course or do you have to do really really good in a subject to award you bonus points??

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
UNSW Faculty of Engineering - FEAS - Faculty of Engineering Admissions Scheme

UNSW: The University of New South Wales - Sydney Australia - FUTURE STUDENTS

for example, with hscplus, if you're gonna do mechanical engineering, select it here: UNSW HSC Plus 2010
then you see they give 1 bonus point if you got a band 5 or 6 in 2u math, 2 bonus points if you get an E4 or E3 in ext1 maths, same for ext2 maths, and 2 bonus points if u got a band 5/6 in physics and 1 bonus point if you got a band 4.

I'm guessing performance in relevant subjects means u need to go good in maths and physics, maybe engineering studies too.

The cut-off for admission to UNSW engineering programs in 2010 is expected to be an ATAR (or equivalent) of 91.00.
Below an ATAR (or equivalent) of 91.00 the Faculty recognises that there are a number of factors which signal the potential of students to succeed in engineering programs. These factors include the ATAR (or equivalent), ability in Mathematics, Physical Science, design and problem solving and attitude and motivation toward engineering studies.
If you achieve an ATAR (or equivalent) between 81.00 and 90.95 then to maximise your opportunities for admission you are strongly encouraged to submit an application for an interview under the Faculty of Engineering Admission Scheme (FEAS). At the interview, you will be able to meet with Engineering staff, exchange information and show how you are suited to engineering studies.
so no bonus points from FEAS afaik, just consideration based on how u go in ur subjects and your interview.

Last edited:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
as for your FEAS interview, i had mine in 2007, dress as if you're going to a job interview, nice shirt, proper pants, etc.

be prepared for questions like "why do you want to do this degree" and "why do you think you wont reach the cutoff", i didnt like that second one :/

kelvinator124

HSC
thank you people for helping me in this question, so the fact is if i get band 6 in 2 unit and band 6 in 3 and band 5 in physics i get bonus points is this right?? so the HSC plus is the one that gives you bonus points ok. NA FEAS is like giving you opportunity to do the suubject.

One more question wat about the UAC??? did you gus join??

kelvinator124

HSC
UNSW Faculty of Engineering - FEAS - Faculty of Engineering Admissions Scheme

UNSW: The University of New South Wales - Sydney Australia - FUTURE STUDENTS

for example, with hscplus, if you're gonna do mechanical engineering, select it here: UNSW HSC Plus 2010
then you see they give 1 bonus point if you got a band 5 or 6 in 2u math, 2 bonus points if you get an E4 or E3 in ext1 maths, same for ext2 maths, and 2 bonus points if u got a band 5/6 in physics and 1 bonus point if you got a band 4.

I'm guessing performance in relevant subjects means u need to go good in maths and physics, maybe engineering studies too.

so no bonus points from FEAS afaik, just consideration based on how u go in ur subjects and your interview.
thank you omie jay thks for the great advice

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
no worries

thank you people for helping me in this question, so the fact is if i get band 6 in 2 unit and band 6 in 3 and band 5 in physics i get bonus points is this right?? so the HSC plus is the one that gives you bonus points ok. NA FEAS is like giving you opportunity to do the suubject.

One more question wat about the UAC??? did you gus join??
wat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)