Fail hsc is maths below 50%???? help (1 Viewer)

bennytheemo12

HSC
ok, my maths mark atm is 43%. i have regretted 2 unit maths since day 1. anyways... if i get like 40% for my actual hsc exam, and when its combined with my assesment marks and its below 50% do i fail maths?. does that mean i dont get a HSC??? or just a crap uai??? plz help

lychnobity

HSC
ok, my maths mark atm is 43%. i have regretted 2 unit maths since day 1. anyways... if i get like 40% for my actual hsc exam, and when its combined with my assesment marks and its below 50% do i fail maths?. does that mean i dont get a HSC??? or just a crap uai??? plz help
There is no such thing as a 'fail' mark in the hsc.

You'll just get a crappy score and yes, a crappy atar (given all your other subjects go as poorly as maths)

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
crap atar. But it think a raw 40% would be like 60s or even 70s aligned but I'm just guessing.

Schoey93

HSC
crap atar. But it think a raw 40% would be like 60s or even 70s aligned but I'm just guessing.
40% would not be in the sixties or seventies aligned. So you're wrong.

2U Mathematics scales similarly to Modern History, at a sclaed mean of about 27/50 or 54/100. Of course scaling is different from aligning, but! Scaling is more generous than aligning, not less.

So the aligning on 2U Maths, giving aligned on general maths gives about +3 to your raw score, would be far worse than what you said. People are deluded as to how aligning works. It does not make HSC mathematics piss-easy, as the aligning scenario you gave would (no offence).

40% raw (HSC examination mark) would probably be aligned to about 55. Aligning doesn't work like this: add the same amount of marks to any score.

It does work like this:
line equations (or, possibly, quadratic equations and parabolas, or exponential functions... I'm not sure. But linear aligning would be (obviously) much, much easier to calculate.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
^ I did say I was guesing. Since 50 is the minimum mark you can get, I thought that people who get like less than 30/120 would get in the 50s.

btw I thought the way BOS manipulates raw marks is classified?

tinkz17

HSC
what do you mean 50 is the minumum you can score? thats bullshit u can score less cant you?

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
u will always get ur hsc unless u a) get N award for all your subjects b) did not complete 10 units.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)