Failed 2 subs. Need some info (1 Viewer)

smittenkitten

Poopinator
Ok, I was just about to sign into unimail to check out the email and get that link to for the yr advisors but it would seem I'm entering incorrect information. So anyway, since I can't do chemb until I pass chema, what exactly are my options for semester 2?

Can I load up on courses and take 5 or 6 courses so that I'm back on track 2005?
or
Can I defer until 2005 semester 1 so that I fall back in sync with the course ie. in 2005 sem1 I'll only do bio and chem which I failed (I KNOW RIGHT:p how did I fail bio)?

I'm not exactly too excited about the idea of repeating in summer. Should have thought about that before I went and failed :rolleyes: .

sunny

meh.
HSC
Can I load up on courses and take 5 or 6 courses so that I'm back on track 2005?
They might not let you overload since you failed subjects already.

Can I defer until 2005 semester 1 so that I fall back in sync with the course ie. in 2005 sem1 I'll only do bio and chem which I failed (I KNOW RIGHT:p how did I fail bio)?
I believe this is possible.......I can't say I've heard anyone doing this before though. Most people just consider summer session or overloading straight away rather than falling behind.

I'm not exactly too excited about the idea of repeating in summer. Should have thought about that before I went and failed :rolleyes: .
If the subjects are offered in summer session, this is your best option.

laney

HSC
you don't really need to be 'on track' with everyone else.
you can take subjects out of order and you won't be at any real disadvantage.
i'm not 'on track' with everyone doing my degree and it's pretty cool, cause it means my degree is extended by half a semester and every semester's load is lighter than it has to be :)

sunny

meh.
HSC
laney said:
every semester's load is lighter than it has to be :)
Just do your gen eds in summer session :)

I did all 6uoc worth at the beginning of the year and I only do 21uoc each session.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
:O Your system is gonna be a fair bit out of whack, looking at your course (I won't be specific), because some subs require chemA and bios as prereqs... I think you have to go to uni and see the Science Student Office, which is near the Colonnade... don't email them cos trust me, the email won't be specific enough

MuSaRuRWa

sunny said:
Just do your gen eds in summer session :)

I did all 6uoc worth at the beginning of the year and I only do 21uoc each session.
ur 21 uoc would still be atleast 4 subjects, which doesnt really help.
from experience, a 3uoc subject is as much work (if not more) than a 6uoc subject

sunny

meh.
HSC
MuSaRuRWa said:
ur 21 uoc would still be atleast 4 subjects, which doesnt really help.
from experience, a 3uoc subject is as much work (if not more) than a 6uoc subject
Yes thats true, sometimes the workload would be about the same. But nonetheless, I'm spending only 21uoc worth of hours at uni, ie, no more days with 6 or 7 hour consecutive classes.

Plus, its comp sci, who said I had to pick hard 3uoc subjects? :p

smittenkitten

Poopinator
Oh believe me babydoll, I won't be emailing them. Ever again. They skim over my questions and then give me some really vague answer to the least important question I ask. Best to head in and ask face to face.

Anyway, I'm heading to uni tomorrow to sort this whole shebang out. I am utterly irritated at myself atm.

Good old preset subjects :p I don't get choices in my subjects until yr4 WOO :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)