• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Failed 3 units in first year , first semester BSc. (1 Viewer)

yoimkay

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
So it's my first year at UWS I just got my exam results for my first semester ever of uni back this morning, and I failed 3 out of the 4 units that i had done this semester ! I got all of them in the 40s. One was 40, 42 and 45 ! So pretty close to the hurdle ! What the hell is gonna happen to me? I don't wanna get thrown out of uni, though I was reading UWS policy, and it says they do not put anyone on academic probation who has only been enrolled for under 12 months , So I think I am in the clear for now ! And can clean my act up quick smart and fix this next semester so I don't get myself kicked out? I really did try and study and get my crap together. I was very close just not close enough and i am kicking myself so hard right now !! I feel like a massive failure, my mum just told me to re do the subjects again (i have too anyway they were core units) and study harder and i'll be sure to smash the units ! I'm really upset at myself though . Wtf do i do ? my GPA is also gonna suck and this is gonna affect it in such a negative way, i fully stuffed up man . Advice please ? xx

Last edited:

crazy_paki123

HSC
are you sure you're a science student? Try those units again, try harder, more effort, maybe get tutored too? If you still fail you should seriously consider venturing in another degree because failing cores is unacceptable.

Ben Dover

HSC
N/A
OP, I am also a uws student. I would say don't worry, what is done is done! you can't really change the past now, focus on bring your gpa up next semester. For example, aim for HD or D if possible next semester and work much harder. Get a tutor or someone who has already done the units your gonne do next year and keep asking them and your tutors questions your don't understand.

I wish you the best of luck next semester and even I have to get 2 HD, 1 D and 1 C next semester, so I am also under stress. I feel your pain and I know exactly how hard it is to get high marks.

Rackshea

HSC
I was in the same boat as you. Basically they place you at risk of being on Academic Probabtion (bascially you have the next semester to improve your marks or they place you on Academic Probation) if while on Academic Probation, your marks still don't improve your enrollment at UWS is terminated. Basically you get kicked out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)