Failed Subject first time.. PC the second. OPtions? (1 Viewer)

Monstar

HSC
hey alll..

i got a fail for the first time i did the unit.. and then i got a PC the second time.

IS there any options available to me that can avoid me doing this unit a 3rdtime?

X

xeuyrawp

How's anyone supposed to help you when you don't give your degree, the subject, other relevant info, etc etc? You know the drill man...

Monstar

HSC
Ok.

I do a accounting degree. The subject is accg1b. Is there any viable avenues that can make me avoid doing this subject again?

plz.

X

xeuyrawp

Monstar said:
http://www.handbook.mq.edu.au/unit.php?edition=2008&vid=19716

is this some type of tyypo>?
i did 1a ... what does this mean>
Prerequisites: [ACCG105(P) or ACCG101(P) or (ACCG100(P) and ACCG101)] or [ACCG105 and BBA103 and 30cp] and ACCG200

?

My interpretation:

Chose one of the following options:

OPTION 1:
ACCG105(P),
or ACCG101(P),
or both ACCG100(P) and ACCG101,
and ACCG200.

OPTION2:
ACCG105,
BBA103,
30cp,
and ACCG200.

Does that help?

Last edited by a moderator:

Monstar

HSC
sigh.. i thought it was pass the 100 and PC 101...

thanks man.

*hopeful*

HSC
similar question :

i got my 1st PC in 5 yrs but will this prevent me from being able to enrol in this subject:

(ACCG100 or ACCG105) and (ECON111 or BBA103) and (STAT170 or STAT171) and ACST101 and (27cp or GPA of 2.00)

as it doesnt specify the (P) anywhere will my crappy PC be enough ?

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
PwarYuex said:
...Does that help?
...if (P) isn't specified, a PC should be sufficient to meet the prereq's (unless other rules are hidden away somewhere other than the handbook.)

So:

*hopeful* said:
(ACCG100 or ACCG105) and (ECON111 or BBA103) and (STAT170 or STAT171) and ACST101 and (27cp or GPA of 2.00)

as it doesnt specify the (P) anywhere will my crappy PC be enough ?
Hopeful: Yep, should be fine (assuming the handbook's correct).

Monstar, I recommend you try to enrol in it nonetheless, and/or seek academic advice if you're unsure how to proceed from here. ACCG1b (whatever the unit code is) may be pretty critical for OTHER subjects in the future of your degree. Get Ac. Advice.

---
Edit: For the record, my interpretation of the badly written handbook is:
Prerequisites: [ACCG105(P) or ACCG101(P) or (ACCG100(P) and ACCG101)] or [ACCG105 and BBA103 and 30cp] and ACCG200

Choose one of the reddy-coloured (i.e. ONE OF either the magenta, pink, red, or dark red), AND complete (with any grade) Accg200.

Last edited:

Monstar

HSC
Yeah i went to see Bill Blair.. He gave me some sound advice, and i will be enrolling in 1b again.....

ajsdasljdlas;d'asdasdsads

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Ah. Is tht becuase you have to, or because he recommended it? Bill's a good guy and very switched on, but he might be recommending rather than requiring: (i.e. "you'll have to have a good grasp of ACCG1b concepts if you want to do well in future subjects, and therefore as you apparently don't have a good grasp, and you've got to redo" vs "no, the uni requires you to pass ACCG1b")

Monstar

HSC
it was along the lines of both... accg3xx subjects are heavily based on the subject and its also needed as a prereq.

sigh, i just wish i tried harder the first time i did it instead of playing fucking games.

btw do i need to fill out special approval forms?

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
for third time enrolment, yes, you will need special approval forms.... though Bill should have said that. EFS can be strange with their forms, sometimes.

Conspirocy

HSC
hey im not at macquarie...but ive finished my accounting at unsw.

the only way I would justify you having to do this subject again is because if you want to get your professional accreditation in accounting i.e. CA or CPA they wont accept PC's and will send u back to do the course again

X

xeuyrawp

Skittled said:
...if (P) isn't specified
Hoorah, broke my own advice of not giving academic advice! Should have added the (P) bits on the relevant ones. Sorry, I hope it didn't confuse anyone (looks like it wasn't relevant anyway). =/

Yours is much clearer, imo. Thanks for clearing up the mistake.

Conspirocy said:

the only way I would justify you having to do this subject again is because if you want to get your professional accreditation in accounting i.e. CA or CPA they wont accept PC's and will send u back to do the course again
Or if he wants to get his degree? Kinda important for people wanting to get a job in commerce, afaik.

Last edited by a moderator:

boris2003

HSC
Conspirocy said:

really, what if you pass you acc subjects, but get pc or a fail in some other non-accounting first year core subjects. Can you still get the accreditation. Answer please.

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
Monstar said:
Ok.

I do a accounting degree. The subject is accg1b. Is there any viable avenues that can make me avoid doing this subject again?

plz.
I just noticed you've chosen to redo the unit. I think that's the best option. Stop playing games. Study and listen to Jay-Z.

Last edited:

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
boris2003 said:
really, what if you pass you acc subjects, but get pc or a fail in some other non-accounting first year core subjects. Can you still get the accreditation. Answer please.
Go ask the people who give/approve the accreditation in question, please.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)