Failing 3 unit Maths: How to Improve? (1 Viewer)

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
afta??? said:
ill be celebrating if it is only one exercise.......
we hav to sometimes do 4 cambridge exercises each week
Umm i said one maths exercise a period. We have 8 maths periods in one week and around 5 in the other. So thats like average of 6-7 a week.

afta???

HSC
pcx_demolition017 said:
wow.
4 cambridge exercises per week? does that include extension exercises, coz that'd be pretty crazy and hectic....what school do you go to?
well my teacher says that itz not necessary n if we can tackle the devlopment ones...we are in good shape but the other two of the top 3 classes all do them
i personally do them if i bother to n for tutoring wen we use the same book but at a higher level we hav to do them...

average: 10 min staring at ext question and 30 min actually doin n crossing out

afta???

HSC
wrx said:
Umm i said one maths exercise a period. We have 8 maths periods in one week and around 5 in the other. So thats like average of 6-7 a week.
hmmmm wat book do u use coz i hav a friend that goes to another school n they use this text book that's like hav way shorter exercises...
3 of their exercise would prob be like one in cambridege

we hav 6 periods of maths each week n we do get 1 exercise each period n the four i said meant tutoring....extra stuff...horror n torture

kpq_sniper017

wrx said:
Fitz. We just finished the 2u course. We started this year.
are u doing the yr11 course or the yr12 course?

i keep forgetting which people are in which years, and accelerants make it even more confusing....hehe.

E

eling

yeah most skoolz use fitz but the skoolz with beta ranking in maths use cambridge but pretty headache-ish..i heard there's a worked solution that the teachers hav from another thread in the buy n sell tuition section...if there is im gonna find it!!

LiL LiZ

HSC
i usually get around 45% in 3U but that is second in the class, is this normal?!

im getting 80s and 90s in 2U but 40s in 3U i would usually b very worried about this but every1 else in my class is going bad as well, like im coming 2nd!!
is this wat its like in other schools or is cowra just dumb?!

kpq_sniper017

LiL LiZ said:
im getting 80s and 90s in 2U but 40s in 3U i would usually b very worried about this but every1 else in my class is going bad as well, like im coming 2nd!!
is this wat its like in other schools or is cowra just dumb?!
what kind of uais do the duxes get?
i guess the best indication is to see what marks last year's students got....that'd give u a better indication of how you're going. better still, post one or two examples of exams that u've done. the difficulty varies greatly between schools, so it's hard whether ur doing well or not.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
pcx_demolition017 said:
we use fitzpatrick and it takes us about a week to go through one exercise e.g. projectile motion, simple harmonic motion. i think the shortest time we've spent on one exercise was for related rates - 2 days.

at our school we have 13 periods of maths per fortnight + 1 extra maths lesson every four weeks i.e. 6.75 periods per week x 50-55 minutes each.
arghh, ur soo lucky!! Our teacher is crazy. Not one person is up to date. 2unit book finished. 3u book 7 chapters done..:( Im so fukn lost!

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
You should persevere...3 unit maths is really rewarding when you actually get the hang of it. Yes, I may be weird but I'm also right. :p

Listen in class, take notes, do your hw, get tutoring, do practise test papers - go in the math boards on this site, there are heaps of math whizzes there to help you with just about everything...examples...erm..off the top of my head, withoutaface. Don't give up...there are many of us out there just like ya. :uhhuh:

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
and lol no, I haven't read the last couple of pages of this thread. *looks faintly embaressed*

afta???

HSC
eling said:
yeah most skoolz use fitz but the skoolz with beta ranking in maths use cambridge but pretty headache-ish..i heard there's a worked solution that the teachers hav from another thread in the buy n sell tuition section...if there is im gonna find it!!
hahaha........cambridge is the best prelim textbook!
our teachers issued us the jones n couchman(is that how u spell the name???) but i never touch it
if u can tackle cambridge, u can do every other textbook

n i believe the james ruse ppl use the cambridge too

kpq_sniper017

cherryblossom said:
You should persevere...3 unit maths is really rewarding when you actually get the hang of it. Yes, I may be weird but I'm also right. :p

Listen in class, take notes, do your hw, get tutoring, do practise test papers - go in the math boards on this site, there are heaps of math whizzes there to help you with just about everything...examples...erm..off the top of my head, withoutaface. Don't give up...there are many of us out there just like ya. :uhhuh:
to add...CM_Tutor....
....he can answer just about any maths question that you throw at him (at least as far as i've seen). invaluable resource. :)

afta???

HSC
pcx_demolition017 said:
to add...CM_Tutor....
....he can answer just about any maths question that you throw at him (at least as far as i've seen). invaluable resource. :)
emmm
never met this guy
mayb i should go around n find him

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
exam style question cannot be realy long and take 2 periods 2 do, they have to be done in no more than 1.5 min per mark. i find them easyer the text book question and they always have hints which makes the question so much easyer. they basicly tell u what 2 do, n u have 2 do it

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
zergcave said:
i am here to declare: maths accelerators are cheaters.
Being an accelerant myself, I am here to declare that I disagree. How the fuk are we cheaters?

afta???

HSC
cherryblossom said:
Being an accelerant myself, I am here to declare that I disagree. How the fuk are we cheaters?
they just get less workload off the hsc year
i would want to do that ... but my school doesnt offer that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)