Failing a unit of study (1 Viewer)

moderngirl

HSC
Hey if you fail a unit of study in the economics and commerce faculty does that mean you have to repeat it or does it just mean you can't continue with it?

I'm just wondering cause i'm not doing so great in World Politics this semester, but i'm not planning to major in it and i'm doing it as part of my arts again.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
you can repeat the course if you want. A fail just means you didn't pass the course in that particular sitting. You can try again fifty times if you want. Or you could take an entirely different subject.
and isnt your exam about 40%? I'm sure you could pass the course. Even if you're on 30/60 prior to the exam. Conceded passes also exist.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
myg0t said:
stazi said:
You can try again fifty times if you want.QUOTE]

Nope. If you fail the same subject three times you get banned.
not unless you have a history of retardation in family.
howd u go in your individual critique

stazi

Nightman
HSC
myg0t said:
fuck mate were you sweating on me to post cos that was teh quickest reply ill ever see.

i owned that critique all teh way back to eastern avenue.

1. how waas thursdays lecture? anything impotant?

2. is he gay as with his email how only one person spotted it out (i bet it was you :p )
haha, nah bos is just fucked in time warps

1) thursgay's lecture was sexy time explosions all round. about 30 people turned up so for the second half he got everyone to sit in the front two rows and just had the seminar about the individual critique. Everyone wouldve fucked up their critique if it wasnt for that though.

2) Nah it wasn't me :( I feel jealous

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
stazi said:
not unless you have a history of retardation in family.
howd u go in your individual critique

fuck mate were you sweating on me to post cos that was teh quickest reply ill ever see.

i owned that critique all teh way back to eastern avenue.

1. how waas thursdays lecture? anything impotant?

2. is he gay as with his email how only one person spotted it out (i bet it was you :p )

heidi_kak

HSC
jsut responding to the first person's post again-
no- you won't have to repeat that particular unit of study and yes, that does mean that you can't do any senior units in that subject area unless you have passed two other junior subjects in government.

but if you fail i'm pretty sure that you still have to make up for that failed unit, even if it is with something else. for example, if your degree requires you to do 144 credit points, and you fail six of them, you have to make up that six because you actually have to pass all those 144 cp.

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
stazi said:
he got everyone to sit in the front two rows and just had the seminar about the individual critique. Everyone wouldve fucked up their critique if it wasnt for that though.

wat did the mole talk aboot?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
myg0t said:
wat did the mole talk aboot?
how he wants lots of sources, and that he wanted us to focus on a specific part of the big thing. Like in methodology, he'd want us to focus only on questioning techniques or sampling.

btw, i hope heaps of people hand it in late, as it'd be funny, since they'd be thinking that only a 10% penalty would apply. however, if you read on to the late marks, at the very end it says, assessments worth 10% receive a zero if even 5 mins late.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)