failing classes (1 Viewer)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
question - if i fail all my classes will i get kicked out of uni? it's my first semester and i've decided to drop the degree these classes are for (and just do my b/laws next semester) so i kind of don't feel motivated to do my final assignments. two are already a week overdue, one's due tomorrow and one of tuesday and i just... really, really don't care enough to do them.

so what are the consequences of failing all my classes?
i don't plan to repeat this next semester, when i'm doing the degree i want to do, not the bs piece of paper one.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
glycerine said:
question - if i fail all my classes will i get kicked out of uni? it's my first semester and i've decided to drop the degree these classes are for (and just do my b/laws next semester) so i kind of don't feel motivated to do my final assignments. two are already a week overdue, one's due tomorrow and one of tuesday and i just... really, really don't care enough to do them.

so what are the consequences of failing all my classes?
i don't plan to repeat this next semester, when i'm doing the degree i want to do, not the bs piece of paper one.
Um, they won't kick you out of uni erin...you just won't get the cp for the subjects. You'll also have a lousy gpa and fails on your transcript, but like I said, they won't kick you out.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
I don't need to apply through uac; I'm already a law student technically, I just want to make it 100% rather than doing a combined one. I just applied through uts (altho I screwed up and put part time! whoops).

yeah the gpa is a worry. it's 24 cp, a pain in the arse but also an extra semester I can stay in uni and not have to go in the real world. :p

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
brogan77 said:
No, it is possible, especially if they deem it non-serious attempts. Have a chat to someone at the uni before you do anything rash.

PS: Kylie, shit sig, put me back in.
yeah that's what i'm worried about

hmmm what if i just pass one class? is that enough?

edit: oh i'm a fucking idiot, i just actually read the site: "Not all faculties are offering transfers in Spring semester. eg. DAB H&SS and Law are NOT offering undergraduate transfers. Please ensure that you discuss your transfer proposal with the faculty before submitting your application.". ie two of those = the faculties i'm in.

Last edited:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
glycerine said:
yeah that's what i'm worried about

hmmm what if i just pass one class? is that enough?

edit: oh i'm a fucking idiot, i just actually read the site: "Not all faculties are offering transfers in Spring semester. eg. DAB H&SS and Law are NOT offering undergraduate transfers. Please ensure that you discuss your transfer proposal with the faculty before submitting your application.". ie two of those = the faculties i'm in.
I thought you were going to just keep the double degree the rest of this year but do only Law subjects, and then transfer after...

X

xeuyrawp

kami said:
Um, they won't kick you out of uni erin...you just won't get the cp for the subjects. You'll also have a lousy gpa and fails on your transcript, but like I said, they won't kick you out.
Yes they could. Ash is right, I know of it happening at a few unis... She really needs to go speak with someone who's totally familiar with the uni system.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
Yes they could. Ash is right, I know of it happening at a few unis... She really needs to go speak with someone who's totally familiar with the uni system.
Why would they if she's done all the rest of the course work though?

S

Shuter

The general UTS policy is 2 fails within your course and they may elect to put you on academic probation or discontinue your enrollment in the course.

HSC
i say just do a complete half-arsed effort, hand SOMETHING in; and chances are they'll pass you. that way, you wont have the fails on your transcript to be questioned in future interviews with law firms; you can choose whether you want to credit them or not; if you want to stay at uni extra, just change your program so you're only doing 3/4 of the course etc; but just don't jeopardise anything with "F"s on your transcript. also, from my memory of uts communcations (which i totally hated as well) they're pretty cool about late essays etc, although this was back in the day of pass/fail-ness.

but if you've done so much of the course now, just finish it off and never see it again. that's what i would do anyway. :D but really, up to you. :)

And also, if you just want to do all law subjects this year, its possible to do all law subjects next semester at uts, they're pretty flexible about it. i remember someone doing it last year, whilst keeping the other degree for half a year.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)