failing electives (1 Viewer)

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
just a question, what happens if u fail an elective? would u have to resit the subject, i know u must for core subjects, does it count towards the overall course credit? anyone know?

~ari

is well hung
HSC
I have no idea about the answer but i might as well ask somethinghere...

if you do bad in a subject and re do it, does the old mark for the subject vanish from your transcript forever? Or are both marks there?

j_davo24

HSC
~ari said:
I have no idea about the answer but i might as well ask somethinghere...

if you do bad in a subject and re do it, does the old mark for the subject vanish from your transcript forever? Or are both marks there?
Both

~ari

is well hung
HSC
thanks guys:)

So even if you redo the subject, the crappy mark gets counted as part of your gpa etc?

My fear is that in the next 5 years I'm gonna do bad in one subject and its gonna kill my average and haunt me forever...

Justin

HSC
By bad, do you mean pass? Because if you pass, you cannot redo it again, it's against the rule book.

But if you fail, then that screws up your GPA, and yes it does stick on your record.

~ari

is well hung
HSC
Justin said:
By bad, do you mean pass? Because if you pass, you cannot redo it again, it's against the rule book.

But if you fail, then that screws up your GPA, and yes it does stick on your record.
ah ok...i wont be failing anything anytime soon anyway...

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
Justin said:

oh fdaslfkasjdfkj*!

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
Justin said:
That's not true. In the course I do (actuarial studies at Macq) we need to get Credit+ in certain subjects to get qualifications from the Actuarial Institute. So if someone only passes a certain unit they usually repeat the subject to try to get the credit. The subjects come from a variety of departments (stat, acounting, economics, acst). I don't think this applies to just the actuarial degree, as some units require a Credit+ in another unit as a pre-requisite.

Gurlpower

HSC
ok heres another variation on this question.

look at my situation, this semester i had to do 2 core units of my degree, and because i had an outside interest in HR and a light load i decided to pick uop a HR subject. didnt need to do it as part of my course, my electives were already filled. but i just wanted to do it (i also had youth allowance as an extra perk of this initiative).

therefore, say i fail THAT subject, which is possible. do i HAVE to redo it again? considering its not a corse requirement and merely an interest subject.

my guess is no but i am not sure.

simply__me

HSC
I have a quick question.

DO WE have to pick an elective? I already have 3 core units that eat up the most of 3 days. (i think) What happens if we don't?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)