Failing subjects and youth allowance (1 Viewer)

~Fire Jade~

HSC
Hey guys,

I failed one subject in sem 2- so now next year in sem1 I can only do 2 subjects and sem 2 two subjects.
The year after I can do 2 and 3 subjects....so my workload has decreased. Does this mean my youth allowance will decrease? Any ways to stop this? Btw, if it helps i do pharmacy. Thanks.

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
Hey guys,

I failed one subject in sem 2- so now next year in sem1 I can only do 2 subjects and sem 2 two subjects.
The year after I can do 2 and 3 subjects....so my workload has decreased. Does this mean my youth allowance will decrease? Any ways to stop this? Btw, if it helps i do pharmacy. Thanks.
im pretty sure you are no longer considered a full time student also. so you wouldnt get any student concession either. Im unsure about the youth allowance, but i dont think theres any way to stop this unless you take up some other random subject. Pharmacy is deadly in that way that if you fail something you lose a year instantly. Ive had mates who failed by just by 1 mark lower than the concessional exam (45), and couldnt get back on track for almost a year or two.

~Fire Jade~

HSC
im pretty sure you are no longer considered a full time student also. so you wouldnt get any student concession either. Im unsure about the youth allowance, but i dont think theres any way to stop this unless you take up some other random subject. Pharmacy is deadly in that way that if you fail something you lose a year instantly. Ive had mates who failed by just by 1 mark lower than the concessional exam (45), and couldnt get back on track for almost a year or two.
Hey,
so are you doing pharmacy too? And are you DEFINITE on the student concession for travel?!? Because that is reallly crappy. It'll take me $40 for train travel just alone in that without concession. And yeh, I'm losing 2 years over this. It's so shitty. I can't believe that they don't have summer school for it either.

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
Is there concession exams in pharmacy???

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
You need atleast 30 hours a week.

This is where both TAFE and Centrelink fucked me up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)