Fall of the ROmanov Dynasty (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey. I have an assignment about the fall of the romanov dynasty. Were supposed to select 2 sources which best illustrate why the Romanov Dynasty fell. We need a primary and a secndary source. We have to assees how useful each source would b to a histroin.I cant find any good sources, does anyone have any good links. Plus do you have any tips on how to properly analyse the u sefulness?:)

Thanx heaps!!!

Last edited:

:)Emz:)

HSC
Hey!
I'm studying the Decline and Fall of the Romoanc Dynasty for year 11 aswell. If you look at quotes from Dan Christian's for secondary sources (aka modern sources) they provide wonderful insight into why the Dynasty actually did fall. I will be able to post a reply with the quotes later tonight and how and why his sources would be useful to historians studying this era.

Hope this helps... I will edit the post later.

:wave: Emz

biggie walls

HSC
hey I did fall of the romanov dynasty in yr11 last year, i found it quite interesting...

i dont know if its possible but you could try to get a translated copy of the october manifesto and because that really showed alot of tzar nicholas II's failures as a leader of the russian people... another possible source would be a photo of civillians starving or russian military performing mutiny's at WW1... theres a couple of good videos around on the topic so have a look and im sure youll find something good!

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
i did a assessment on the romanov's which involved analysing two sources. ill scan it once i find it ..

kc-ok-la

HSC
omg,
i had the exact same task,

simply google it,
just get some good google skills
i suggest typing

"fall of rominov dynasty+sources"

bec8

HSC
ahaha i got given the exact same assignment today... so i will be checking this thread again to see what people come up with :p

ala7923

HSC
I've got an essay where we have to write about the role WWI had in the fall of the tsarist regime. I'm having so much trouble finding info.. and we're not up to that yet in class.. i know its in the prelim textbook but I cant get a hold of one.. my school library doesnt keep it :confused: !! help?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
You can talk about how WWI placed a gigantic strain on the economy. Industries were forced to manufacture their stuff for the war effort, neglecting some aspects of society. This caused major food shortages and rising prices, thus, causing more strikes in Petrograd and all over Russia.

The mammoth losses in terms of casualties and deaths of Russian Soldiers in Europe caused a crippling effect on the people and on the morale and perspective of the soldiers. Most mutinied and joined in the revolution against the Tsar.

These crises were blamed on Nicholas, and this created more discontent until breaking point, where the regime fell.

Sites that might help:
http://www.johndclare.net/Russ3.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Revolution_of_1917
http://www.answers.com/topic/russian-revolution-of-1917
http://www.sparknotes.com/history/european/russianrev/context.html

Last edited:

bango skank

HSC
i got almost the exact same assignment haahaha

thanks to all those who posted much help

my love to all

bubs90

HSC
:bomb: okai people i have to asses the role of nicholas II in the role of the romanov dynasty and include some historians perspectives...
how do i go about answering this question without making it look like im answering an 'explain' question?

thanxx soooo muchh !

zaqwerty

HSC
I also did this topid in Year 11 and I found it awesome. Better than the Bolshevik Revolution.

The October Manifesto is a good idea for a source, but, to tell the truth, I forget most of the topic!

x.glam

HSC
yer i did this.. similar anyhow. if you have a good idea of what you want, try looking for pics in books, this can be used as your primary source. however one from the time with a good representation are quite hard to come by, but you'll be fine.

x.glam

HSC
quotes are really really useful as sources as well. becuase there are always so many different opinions, mostly by historians after or during the event. these are often so well expressed in terms of views, and you'll be able to just go on about it without a problem!!

x.glam

HSC
zaqwerty said:
I also did this topid in Year 11 and I found it awesome. Better than the Bolshevik Revolution.

The October Manifesto is a good idea for a source, but, to tell the truth, I forget most of the topic!
the bolshevik rev was a pain, i think i must have fallen asleep because i dont remember much about it=D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)