family agreements (1 Viewer)

still waiting

HSC
I was just looking through some things and i saw stuff that had cohabitation agreements and domestic agreements as separate things and same with separation and termination agreements, i always thought that they were the same things can anyone clarify this for me id really appreciate it thanks,

Last edited:

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
i always associated domestic agreements with caretakers and cohabitation with a de facto couple

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Back to help u tash:
From my notes:
7. ALL FAMILY RELATIONSHIPS
COHABITATION AGREEMENT-Often made by de facto couples during the time of their relationship. Covers matters in relation to living together under one roof.
SEPARATION AGREEMENT-made by a de facto couple to deal with matters in the event of relationship breakdown
DOMESTIC AGREEMENTS-Agreements relating to financial & property matters (this changed from a cohabitation agreement under the Property (Relationships) Amendment Act 1999 (NSW)
TERMINATION AGREEMENT-Generally used by de factos or domestic relationship couples when it is likely that the relationship is going to end.
-These agreements can be converted to domestic agreements after separation
PRE-NUPTIAL AGREEMENT-Legally binding agreement (due to FLAA 2000 Cth) made before marriage is entered into. It sets out financial & property arrangements to be followed in the event of marriage breakdown (made before marriage is entered into)

I cut those out of my quick notes because dont see it was that important.
Theres heaps of other things to talk about in family :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)